• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2007 4.0 V6 died

I've been following your YouTube videos. That's a lot of work. I don't know where you find the time.

I can barely find the time for oil changes on my cars.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

I've been following your YouTube videos. That's a lot of work. I don't know where you find the time.

I can barely find the time for oil changes on my cars.

I was wondering who watched my videos!
it is hard to find time, I travel during the week so I have a few hours (sometimes) on weekends. Occasionally I get a full day to work on things. But I have anxiety and this is my therapy!

I was wondering who watched my videos!
it is hard to find time, I travel during the week so I have a few hours (sometimes) on weekends. Occasionally I get a full day to work on things. But I have anxiety and this is my therapy!

Can’t watch the videos if you don’t share the link here! Always up for more car related videos.

I put an old trailer axle under the 12 body and borrowed my neighbors bucket tractor. axle was too narrow so I had to bolt the wheels on backwards! lol, but I got the 12 onto the trailer! So it's stripped and ready to go to scrap yard
Image - Copy (123).jpeg

I saw the Thanksgiving update video.

Showed my wife and she no longer thinks I have to many cars. Lol.

I only have 4 not including hers.

Well, I got the 2012 harness in the 07 and for the most part it's all hooked up. I still have to swap the fuel tank to hook up the pumps. The transfer pump on the 12 tank is not working and I broke the main pump when I dropped the tank (forgot to disconnect fuel line first!) So I will have to replace both pumps. Sadly the tanks, pumps and connectors are different between the two or I'd just keep the 07 tank and pumps. I have to figure out the tail lights and trunk latch release but that won't keep it from running. The 12 taillights are LED and a funky bulb. They won't fit the 07 tail light housing. So I will have to figure out how to put the LED bulbs into the 07 housing because the 12 harness has sequntial tail lights and probably not design for the amp draw of regular bulbs. The trunk latch has a different connector. I'd just swap the latch but the 07 has a key and the 12 doesn't. Also the 12 latch was damaged in the accident. The 3rd brake light is another issue. The 12 is also an LED light vs. the 07 using a regular bulb. Anyway, that stuff is not too bad to deal with.
Image - Copy (137).jpeg
Image - Copy (138).jpeg
Image - Copy (30).jpeg

I guess one good thing is that the parts you need are not the kind of thing many people would be after. If you could find a wrecked '12 or similar vintage in a yard somewhere you could probably scavenge all you need in a single go.

One solution I have found that I keep finding uses for is a 3D printer. Making bushings to make one part fit into another wrong sized holes, etc. or spacers with odd dimensions or bores. Mounting brackets. The list goes on. You could make a single screw on backing plate with the correct mounting features for all those bulbs to connect to the original '07 housing. Or better yet, your son could! Once you get all set up and figure it out there is a ton of stuff out there to assist in making it pretty easy to create your own parts.

I guess one good thing is that the parts you need are not the kind of thing many people would be after. If you could find a wrecked '12 or similar vintage in a yard somewhere you could probably scavenge all you need in a single go.

One solution I have found that I keep finding uses for is a 3D printer. Making bushings to make one part fit into another wrong sized holes, etc. or spacers with odd dimensions or bores. Mounting brackets. The list goes on. You could make a single screw on backing plate with the correct mounting features for all those bulbs to connect to the original '07 housing. Or better yet, your son could! Once you get all set up and figure it out there is a ton of stuff out there to assist in making it pretty easy to create your own parts.
I do have a 3D printer! It should be relativly easy to design an adaptor! great idea

I've been travelling and I am hitting the road again soon. But I did get a little time (about an hour) to mess with the car yesterday. I dragged the K-Member over by the rear axle so I can pressure wash these parts. I'm gonna change the pinion seal but the axle is pretty grimy and the K member too! So that's it for now!
Image - Copy (150).jpeg

Back