• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2012 Stangfix Fantasy Football

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Training camps have opened and preseason is not far away. About time!

This is just a feeler post to gauge participation interest. Past years we have had a pretty stable list of regular players but a few guys have been AWOL for some time now and may not be around this year...Sanborn???? We'll reserve spots for returning players first and then bring in new players to fill the open slots. Once there is a good feel for the number of players we can make a call on how large the league will be and how it will be organized.

For now, respond to this thread indicating you are interested in playing. This goes for returning players as well as those looking to get in for the first time.

GO BEARS!!! :peter

Come on gents stand and be recognized. Looks like we will have multiple openings for new players this season...stake your claim to one.

Pretty much everyone in our past seasons was a first time fantasy player so no experience is necessary. It is not difficult to field a winning team (see the past winner for proof! I kid, I kid) but just playing is a lot of fun. You are guaranteed at least one win just by having Dale in the league. So speak up.

Past players...where are you? There are many who still frequent these boards who have yet to chime in.

I would love to play this year but I will be somewhere in the Pacific on the 15th MEU. The real kick in the shorts is the ship blocks espn.com.

Preseason hits full stride tomorrow night. Can't tell me that doesn't get you guys just a little bit excited for the new season.

Let me hear from anyone interested in joining our league this year. It's easy to play and always a lot of fun.

Phhhht, real football starts August 30th with S Carolinia at Vandy.

College football rules baby.

I thought it needed a thread jack!

"silverblueBP" said:
Phhhht, real football starts August 30th with S Carolinia at Vandy.

College football rules baby.

I thought it needed a thread jack!
too bad penn state won't be competitive this century.

Alright. We are short a few players to fill a standard league. So far I have the following players;

Horseplay
Fast68Back
Lethal289
Daves69Coupe
SgtJunior
70 Stangman
Sanborn

The game is open to all, whether you have played in the past or not. We need 10 guys to get this rolling. Let's hear from interested parties. I'd like to get this thing set up this week if possible. We use the fantasy game on the ESPN website to play. Very easy to learn. We will have a live draft sometime the weekend before the season starts. Players will get more info once we get enough guys to set up the league.

Must I beg? Still looking for those last few players. Newbies are welcome and encouraged to play. Only requirement is that you PLAY each week. Once the teams are drafted it can take as little as a couple minutes each week to set your roster for play. It's easy. It's fun. And with Dale playing, you are assured at least one victory week...two if you end up in his conference!

Let's hear from interested parties. PM me if you have questions.

"Horseplay" said:
.. And with Dale playing, you are assured at least one victory week...two if you end up in his conference!
Startin' a little early aren't we :shrug

Still got a couple slots to fill before we can draft. I was thinking Sept 1st (Saturday). I wouldn't mind doing it a bit sooner though depending on guys availability.

I'll have to check with Dale but I think he wanted me to set it up this year. We can go ahead and get the league set up so players can get signed in now. I'll make sure that happens this weekend and post it up here.

We still need a couple players. Let's get a couple of new players on board. Don't be shy. Like I said, it is a lot of fun and you don't have to have had any prior experience to play and be competitive. Respond to this thread with interest or send me a PM.

Come on people...get off your ass and sign up. Is there really only 6 car guys here that enjoy football ?? :wtf

Re: Re: 2012 Stangfix Fantasy Football

"70 StangMan" said:
Come on people...get off your ass and sign up. Is there really only 6 car guys here that enjoy football ?? :wtf

Yes, and I'm not one of them.

Back