• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2012 Stangfix Fantasy Football

Everyone got me their e-mail addresses and I sent out the invite e-mails to all. Some of you have already joined the league. The rest of you please do so quickly just so we know everything and everyone is set to go. We had problems in the past that led to vacant team management that really screwed up the season. I want to make sure we avoid that.

No one voiced a problem with the draft date and time so Thursday 8/30 at 8:00 Central Standard Time will be the draft. I will set it up today on the site.

Any questions, you can always contact me. If you haven;t played before, go to the site sometime before the draft and figure out how things work. It's pretty simple. For the new guys, you might want to do a mock (practice) draft just to see how it works.

"opentrackerSteve" said:
Can I get in on this or is it too late?
At this point we have our ten players. If anyone backs out you will be considered first alternate.

"opentrackerSteve" said:
Can I get in on this or is it too late?

Come on Steve, did you really want to join in their gay fantasy games??

Hmmmmm?

"silverblueBP" said:
Come on Steve, did you really want to join in their gay fantasy games??
You sound like the typical high school nerd making excuses for why he didn't play football, baseball, etc. You remember him right? Goofy looking dude with grossly exaggerated facial features...hey...wait a minute! It all makes perfect sense now. :Mark

"Horseplay" said:
You sound like the typical high school nerd making excuses for why he didn't play football, baseball, etc. You remember him right? Goofy looking dude with grossly exaggerated facial features...hey...wait a minute! It all makes perfect sense now. :Mark
:yah :yah :yah :yah

REMINDER:

The league live draft happens this Thursday night at 9:00 EST. The draft order will be automatically set one hour prior to the draft. If you have never participated in the live draft process on the ESPN site, it might be a good idea to visit the site and read about it prior so you are prepared to go. It is not complicated, it's just that the picks sometimes happen pretty quickly and it helps to be familiar with the process.

Any questions, PM me.

TOMORROW NIGHT GENTLEMEN. :peter

Don't forget the draft will happen tomorrow night, just about 24 hours from now. With or without you it starts 9:00 p.m. EST sharp. I hope everyone can make it and gets to hand select their team. I don't want any excuses when the whippings begin.

GO BEARS!

Ok, week one is behind us. Let's talk about game day. Does everyone know about the Fantasy Cast window on the ESPN fantasy league page? Log into the Stangfix league and just right of all the league tabs, about center of the screen is a red button that says "Launch Fantasycast". This pops open a second window where you can watch the scores of every team/match-up in the league live. It also has real-time chat (smack talk) where you can taunt opponents, etc. There are two chat windows, one for your match-up and one for the whole league. While winning is fun, it's that much more fun if you can harass your opponent while doing it!

I only bring this up because NO ONE seemed to be around last Sunday to exchange barbs and comments. It is a great way to watch the games having this running on a laptop on the cocktail table along side your snacks and beverages. Imagine your team's game on one screen, NFL Red Zone on another and Fantasycast running on your computer...football heaven.

GO BEARS!!!

and some of you complain you have no time to finish your Mustangs :shrug

Duane set my team up and they won week one. I am considering changing the name to the Oscaloosa Owls.

Back