• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2016 Stangfix Fantasy Football League

I could write a book on how to lose.
Chapter One: Roster Chicago Bears Players

Seriously, you have to pull it together Dale. You need a win either this week or next (yeah, that's not happening!). You do that and your points will likely get you a berth. No win and to the lower bracket you go.

For those curious and not in the league here is the latest update. Not much got cleared up this past weekend. Still half the league fighting for one of two remaining slots in the championship bracket. The two division winners (Tim and myself are locked in as seeds 1 and 2, respectively). This upcoming week's games are the last of the regular season. Lots of possibilities for teams to fall out of contention or claw their way in. Bottom line for all is win and win big. Very probable multiple teams will have matching records so points scored YTD will be the deciding factor.

UPDATE:
The regular season has come to an end in the fantasy football world. Now the playoffs begin. In the Stangfix league, Tim won the Western Division and I took the East. Second place finishers in each division (due to overall records) join the division winners in the Championship playoff bracket. All other teams will compete in a lower bracket for the next four weeks of the regular NFL season.

Tim (#1 seed) will face off against Mark (#4) and Dale (#3) and I (#2)will square off. Winners of these to contests will then go head to head for the title. Playoff contests last two weeks as opposed to the regular season where they are just one week affairs. This is done to try and even out instances of poor or above average player performances as seem to always impact regular season results. Plus it adds to the drama by drawing things out a bit!

I'm ready to whup that ass again this week.
Not a chance in hell. In our prior meetings, my team scored an average 6% below my season average. You on the other hand had an average score 13% GREATER than your season average. In simple terms that shows all the luck was on your side those days. I wouldn't bet on such happening again. Unless you want to. I'm not opposed to a little wager. ;)

UPDATE:
The regular season has come to an end in the fantasy football world. Now the playoffs begin. In the Stangfix league, Tim won the Western Division and I took the East. Second place finishers in each division (due to overall records) join the division winners in the Championship playoff bracket. All other teams will compete in a lower bracket for the next four weeks of the regular NFL season.

Tim (#1 seed) will face off against Mark (#4) and Dale (#3) and I (#2)will square off. Winners of these to contests will then go head to head for the title. Playoff contests last two weeks as opposed to the regular season where they are just one week affairs. This is done to try and even out instances of poor or above average player performances as seem to always impact regular season results. Plus it adds to the drama by drawing things out a bit!
I am pretty good at being in the lower bracket. I like to dig.

Not a chance in hell. In our prior meetings, my team scored an average 6% below my season average. You on the other hand had an average score 13% GREATER than your season average. In simple terms that shows all the luck was on your side those days. I wouldn't bet on such happening again. Unless you want to. I'm not opposed to a little wager. ;)

Can us non-participants place side bets?

Can us non-participants place side bets?
Betting is all-American, isn't it?! Here are our two rosters for this week. I'm pretty set on my team (may swap Carr out for Luck, haven't decided yet) not sure if Dale will be moving any players around or not.
matchup.jpg

Back