• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2018 Hot Rod Power Tour dates and venues

tarafied1

The 24th annual HOT ROD Power Tour will continue in 2018 with exciting new features for auto enthusiasts worldwide, as the highly anticipated seven-day, seven-city journey is expected to bring together more than 6,000 vehicles and 100,000-plus spectators. The 2018 event will take place from June 9-15.

Dates & Venues:

Saturday, June 9 – Bowling Green, KY
Beech Bend Raceway Park

Sunday, June 10 – Chattanooga, TN

Monday, June 11 – Birmingham, AL
Hoover Metropolitan Stadium

Tuesday, June 12 – Hampton, GA
Atlanta Motor Speedway

Wednesday, June 13 – Darlington, SC
Darlington Raceway

Thursday, June 14 – Raleigh, NC

Friday, June 15 – Concord, NC
zMAX Dragway

Hotel Information: Hot Rod’s official travel partner, Anthony Travel can assist you in arranging your travel and hotel for this year’s Power Tour. Visit Anthony Travel’s Hot Rod Power Tour page (https://www.anthonytravel.com/hot-rod-power-tour/) to get started on booking your trip. If you have any questions, contact Anthony Travel at hotrod@anthonytravel.com or call 844-406-6850.

More information can be found at: http://www.hotrod.com/events/power-tour/

I'm hoping I don't pull a Terry and I will have my car put back together! Might have to take the old truck again but I'm going.

I'm hoping I don't pull a Terry and I will have my car put back together! Might have to take the old truck again but I'm going.

Get working on the Mustang, plenty of time but before you know it June will be here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am working on it every chance I get! Every weekend we have our grand daughter but my son is trying to get a job down here so he can move down. That will free me up. But I am making progress!

We are taking the 59 F100. We need seat belts (have them but need to fabricate the brackets) and get the Classic Auto Air AC working or replace (I hate this AC unit). Also get a tool box for the bed for lockable storage.

got hotels booked everywhere except Chattanooga, TN. Did not know where the venue was yet.
I am guessing it will be at the college again. I don't recall exactly where it was. I picked a Holiday Inn Express at Lookout Mountain. But you may want to consider downtown. Corky Coker will probably have a big shindig at his place (Honest Charlie's) like the last time and that is close to down town.

Last edited:
Well, I was hoping it would come more North. I'm not going to make that route.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

This is why missing last year's Tour sucked so hard for me. It was almost the perfect path for us Midwesterners. Driving half a day to start a tour that keeps going away further is not real appealing. Have to think about it. Be much more inclined to do such if it headed west toward Yellowstone or such.

Us west coasters real feel bad for you guys, have to drive half a day or a day to join the tour.....oh my!
There are a lot of West Coasters who complain that the HRPT is always in the MidWest and East. I too would love to go West, the Rocky mountains are my favorite part of the country. But the West Coasters have some pretty cool car events all year long and the middle and the East have pretty much just this one big event! But as big as it has grown, I would like to see maybe a longer event that did go West. Maybe two weeks with travel across the country. I don't take a lot of vacation and I understand many have trouble taking off a lot of time to do this as you have to travel either to or from the event but if it covered more area maybe less would do the long haul but more could do some parts.
Anyway, it's not something I can fix. I have enjoyed being able to do it as many times as I have. More than the cars it is so cool to drive thru rural America into places I wouldn't have otherwise gone. Meeting so many gear heads and seeing so much cool cars is just a bonus! It has grown bigger every year which is great for the event but makes it less "fun" as the venues are hard to get into and traffic gets backed up. When it is so hot you get zapped and it starts to not be fun anymore. Every year I keep thinking that this will be the last one I go on but then I do it again anyway!

I would be all in for a StangFix member road trip headed west, Craig. Get a bunch of us together and plot a route to see some sights, drive some cool roads and hit some local cruises, etc. Might be the only way.

I would be all in for a StangFix member road trip headed west, Craig. Get a bunch of us together and plot a route to see some sights, drive some cool roads and hit some local cruises, etc. Might be the only way.
I might be down for something like that.
A fall cruise would be great too. Better weather.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Back