• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2019 StangFix Fantasy Football League

CBS has a playoff challenge, but if you guys are drafting new teams doesn't that defeat the purpose of the season?
Not at all. Hell, take a look at most team rosters at the close of the season and compare who comprises them as opposed to draft day. This is a "sudden death" type of round. Drafting and trying to forecast who remains viable the longest is a whole new challenge. Besides, this whole league is just for fun. No cash prizes. Extending it out like this just provides a possible few more weeks of fun.

So Mike and I drafted new teams made up of players on the remaining playoff teams. Decision was made to make it even more fun and agreed to score it as a PPR league on ESPN. PPR adds points for each reception a player makes on top of the regular scoring system. Anyway, as usual, he kicked my ass pretty good this first weekend. Not hard when I put many of my eggs in the Saints basket! Score stands at 118-74 according to his quick math. I got a BIG mountain to climb.

Did Mark cheat? collusion collusion

Ex-'Bachelor' contestant Jade Roper-Tolbert accused of colluding with husband to win $1M daily fantasy prize
A former contestant on “The Bachelor” won $1 million playing daily fantasy football over the weekend.
Now she’s under investigation after being accused of cheating with her husband.
Jade Roper-Tolbert wins $1M
Jade Roper-Tolbert won the DraftKings "Millionaire Maker" contest that consists of creating fantasy lineups from the NFL’s four wild card games. Her lineup included Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, Seattle Seahawks wide receiver DK Metcalf and Minnnesota Vikings running back Dalvin Cook, according to ESPN.

Because we all know that there is no cheating going on in fantasy football when it comes to money being involved. ;)

fd

So Mount Everest did your buddy gamble on the ratbirds? Did you stay the course with Mahomes? Or does the contest go to the SB?
Inquiring minds want to know.

fd

Prior to this weekend's games I took a minute to verify Mike's quick math on the first games. He was off a five points. In his favor. :mad: Final tally was Mike 119/Terry 69. My mountain got a bit bigger.

The biggest challenge in this post-season tie-breaker was to draft a team that was made up of player that would run deep and hopefully into the Superbowl. Mike went a little heavy on QB and I on skill players. My gambit might just pay off long term. Might.

I made a big comeback yesterday on the backs of Kelce and Adams. Out scored Mike 169 to 121. Just 2 points separate us now in his favor. 240-238. Where it gets interesting is in our remaining rosters. I have the numbers but he has some heavy hitters.

MIKE

Mahomes - D Williams - D Henry - D Samuel - G Kittle

TERRY

Tannehill - A Jones - R Mostert - D Adams - T HIll - T Kelce - J Smith - 49ers D

I have a WR, FLEX (J Smith/TE) and a defense (49ers) to give me 3 extra players next weekend. Chance to really pull a lead on him.

He needs a KC/SF Superbowl to win, likely. I'm not so team dependent but would favor a TN/GB for an easy win but could deal with any teams, really. Hard for this BEARS guy to root for GB!

So happy when tommy and company were ousted by the Titans, I was ecstatic when the ratbirds went down in flames. So we all have our nemesis. Icing on the cake was Cowher going to Canton.

fd

I have to say, using the PPR (points per reception) format to this post-season challenge has been good. It's not all that different than the vanilla format we have always used in the Fix league. Scoring remains the same other than any reception made by a player results in an additional point scored. So in our league if a receiver logged 82 yards on 6 catches he would score 8 points (1 pt per 10 yds). In a PPR league he would score 14. The standard 8 + 6 (6 receptions). All players all eligible for PPR points. It dramatically affects player values across the board. It also can make individual game match-ups more challenging. We should incorporate this next year. 2020 StangFix Fantasy Football PPR League!

So football is done for now. Did you add up the points yet for the playoffs tie breaker?

fd

Sorry. Neglected to keep you guys updated it seems.

Conference Championship games really went in my favor. I scored 154 pts to Mike's 75. Mostert and the rest of my crew lit it up!!! I went into the Super Bowl with a 77 point lead.

I made the long drive down south to watch the game with Mike and some other old friends during our now annual Super Bowl Poker Game Event. The way that game played out it was obvious he would not make a comeback. We haven't got the final numbers worked out but I don't think he gained any more than 10 points on me. He did, however, take a few green backs off me in the poker game. :mad:

Back