• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2019 StangFix Fantasy Football League

Come on guys, can we please clean up our act here. No need to be airing our dirty laundry.

And Dale, you can still reclaim some dignity and win the consolation bracket. All is not completely lost.

Wed Dec 18
12:24 am

TransactionAdded/Dropped
Team Marchand
added Breshad Perriman, TB WR from Waivers to BE
Team Marchand
dropped Baker Mayfield, Cle QB to Waivers

OK fearless leader How did Mark snipe the player I was going to add? He is 10 of 10 and I am 8 of 10. So if I put in the request on Tuesday afternoon to drop the dud Howard and add Perriman then just after midnight the transaction should have occurred. That is what I had to deal with last year winning all the time, I was usually 10 of 10. Or maybe I did not save it correctly? I confirmed it??

fd

You sit at 8 in the waiver order now (and he at 10) but prior to the Wednesday morning transactions he had the lower seed and therefore was awarded the player. Your moves on 12/11 moved you back in the waiver order. If you check the history, prior to yesterday, he hadn't made any moves more recent than yours.

OK league manager. But Mark still cheats, how else do you explain scoring 245 points. :eek: Good luck to you, maybe this is your year.

fd

Been really bad about activity with my posts this year for the league. Sorry guys. We are into our playoff period now and a new champ will be crowned after next week's games as reigning champ FordDude Tim took a whipping from the new guy in round one of the top bracket. Now Tim and surprise season champ (now accomplished veteran fantasy manager) SkidMark (who fell to my team in the early round) will duke it out for third place. Good luck guys!

Left to fight for the title of 2019 StangFix League champ are myself and my old high school pal and gambling nemesis. Dude is nearly unbeatable at everything and has been for the 30+ years I've known him. But not this time. Not today. He's going down. At least that's the hope! Be ugly to have to award our league crown to a guy that doesn't even own a mustang. Well, technically he does but it's really his wife's.

It is over? But is it? Will there be a correction of the championship score?

fd

It is over? But is it? Will there be a correction of the championship score?
The final score of the championship match-up which crowns the season winner resulted in a tie. As the commish, I just don't feel right about making any decision being one of the teams involved. I can tell you that the other team manager (my life-long friend) is like me and will not accept a tie. One of us has to be the clear winner. I will have to look this morning but I would assume the ESPN system has a way they determine a winner. If its based on season result data, I know I won't like it and doubt Mike will either. In a winner take all scenario as this head-to-head was the result should be based on this pairing. My gut says to look to the decimals. The system gives a point for every 10 yds rushing or receiving, for example. Giving credit for the decimals across the squads for the last two weeks seems a good path. What do you think? I'll have to ask Mike. I will refrain from looking at the data for now until some other opinions are heard.
Another option is for he and I to select an upcoming playoff game or two and create rosters for those. Not sure that is reflective of the same season long effort though.

The final score of the championship match-up which crowns the season winner resulted in a tie. As the commish, I just don't feel right about making any decision being one of the teams involved. I can tell you that the other team manager (my life-long friend) is like me and will not accept a tie. One of us has to be the clear winner. I will have to look this morning but I would assume the ESPN system has a way they determine a winner. If its based on season result data, I know I won't like it and doubt Mike will either. In a winner take all scenario as this head-to-head was the result should be based on this pairing. My gut says to look to the decimals. The system gives a point for every 10 yds rushing or receiving, for example. Giving credit for the decimals across the squads for the last two weeks seems a good path. What do you think? I'll have to ask Mike. I will refrain from looking at the data for now until some other opinions are heard.
Another option is for he and I to select an upcoming playoff game or two and create rosters for those. Not sure that is reflective of the same season long effort though.
Another option, (you won't like) that has been used in leagues I've played in is in the case of a tie add the bench to total points.

BTW ESPN pronounce Team Marchand as the Champ

Mike called me first thing this morning. As expected he won't accept a tie or being crowned by ESPN default season point total as the tie breaker. He and I have been going at it for almost 40 years now. I expected nothing less. Neither of us wants anything short of a clear victory. A match-up will take place to run through the playoffs using the same scoring and roster rules to determine the winner. Challenge will be greater as there will be one draft and no waiver wire claims. Roster a guy whose team falls out of the playoffs and you win an empty slot on the bench. Once I find a place to set it up (I don't know if the ESPN site has such an offering) I will let you all know. Hopefully, I can find something publicly viewable otherwise I can post weekly results here.

Another option, (you won't like) that has been used in leagues I've played in is in the case of a tie add the bench to total points.

BTW ESPN pronounce Team Marchand as the Champ
We talked about that option but heading into this weekend the real challenge as he and I saw it was rostering the players who not only might score big but would even play the full game do to playoff scenarios, etc. Leaving a guy on the bench that could have won it for a team would leave a bad taste in our mouths if used to declare a winner.

In the end, a playoff series head to head seems best to both of us.

We talked about that option but heading into this weekend the real challenge as he and I saw it was rostering the players who not only might score big but would even play the full game do to playoff scenarios, etc. Leaving a guy on the bench that could have won it for a team would leave a bad taste in our mouths if used to declare a winner.

In the end, a playoff series head to head seems best to both of us.
just out of curiosity, are you guys joining another league for the playoffs? Or will you manually add up the points using players you guys pick?

Last edited:
just out of curiosity, are you guys joining another league for the playoffs? Or will you manual add up he points?
Thought was to create a new league if I could find something to suit. Manually doing a draft and scoring is a PAIN

Back