• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2020 - Use it or Lose it.

My cousin who is well into his 80s has a hobby of making lamps. He has a garage full of odds and ends that he turns into lamps. He had several large boxes full of old government surplus meters, some of which were marked NASA on the back of their cases. I took some likely suspects and made a circuit board to drive three meters on and off at seemingly random times and values, making them dance around. I developed the board using a 9v battery as the supply, then mounted it all in a decorative Coke metal box with a power supply. He sent me a picture of the completed lamp but I can't find it. It is made largely of pipe and fittings in a Steam Punk genre. This is the box just before I sent it off to him.
Georges meter box2.jpg

My cousin who is well into his 80s has a hobby of making lamps. He has a garage full of odds and ends that he turns into lamps. He had several large boxes full of old government surplus meters, some of which were marked NASA on the back of their cases. I took some likely suspects and made a circuit board to drive three meters on and off at seemingly random times and values, making them dance around. I developed the board using a 9v battery as the supply, then mounted it all in a decorative Coke metal box with a power supply. He sent me a picture of the completed lamp but I can't find it. It is made largely of pipe and fittings in a Steam Punk genre. This is the box just before I sent it off to him.
View attachment 32699
That's super cool

Stuff for my next few projects. I actually had a shelf cleared, I promptly filled it up with stuff from under one of the work benches. I also found a couple missing tools.
20200426_153939.jpg20200426_153945.jpg20200426_162203.jpg

I do not mind selling the things I made for fun but I do not want another side gig. Then it would not be fun to do any more. My current side gig are my cattle and they are a lot of work.

I did the smart thing. Bought a house where the cows out back, horses, ponies & ducks out front all belong to neighbors, so I get to enjoy them, but not have to keep em up!

I did the smart thing. Bought a house where the cows out back, horses, ponies & ducks out front all belong to neighbors, so I get to enjoy them, but not have to keep em up!
Sometimes I wish I had that set up. But the Ag. Exemption is great. You were also suppose to move closer to me than farther away! You always did great work!

Made These Toothbrush and razor holders. BTW: Julie like them and they are now in out bathroom. Love this woman!

ToothBrushHolders.jpg20200509_160309.jpg

Steven and I took a 68 Rear Valance I had on the garage wall and made a shelf out of it. The shelf is 6 1/4" deep. I going to put some Led tape inunder the shelf and also some Leds in the backup lights. I hung it on the wall in my work office. I think I have a 68 license plate somewhere in the garage to put on it.

20200607_122603.jpg

Back