• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

64 Falcon Project

Re: 65 Falcon Project

thanks. The shop owner (Tex) told my son to clean it out and inventory what it has and what it needs. He also told he has a month to put on paper his plan to get the 5.0/AOD in the car and running with a hypothetical budget of $1000 and show proof (eBay, craigslist, swapping this or that, etc.). I'm ready to quit my job and do an apprenticeship too!

Give your son the camera, we want a build thread! Glad your son went for it.

Definitely will start a build thread and we will count on you guys for some help!

That's pretty cool. Glad to hear he decided to go with it.
So is he doing the 5.0 with efi?

I'll be watching for the build thread too.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

When it's time for steering and suspension let me know. I've done a lot of reasearch on what swap parts fit from the Mustang and other cars and what doesn't and the cheapest way to go. Most of the Falcon steering parts are double the cost of Mustang parts so there is a bit of money that can be saved with the correct info.

This vendor has most anything you can think of but the prices are maxed out. There is a lot of good info. and photos of parts that can be used for reasearch though.

http://www.falconparts.com/index.htm

With them cleaned up, those 4-speed pedals and shifter hump will bring $300 for the set.

Remember the Falcon?
Well I won't go into the story on my son, but long story short he blew his opportunity big time.
Anyway, the shop owner and I still talk a lot and hang out at car shows sometimes. He called the other day and asked if I want the Falcon. Well needless to say my brain has been working overtime and since I have photoshop now, I started playing with ideas...
581113_3318448205621_1400756601_45691702_490890480_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife said she'd like me to wait until after the Power Tour to to make sure we enough money in case something breaks. So sometime in Early June, my buddy said he'd wait.

one of the conditions my wife had for getting the Falcon was that the Camaro had to go. I put it on Craigslist and spread the word but no takers. So I hauled it to the scrap yard. They all cried and asked me if I was sure I wanted to crush the Camaro. I told them the car had to or I had to go so the car is here to be crushed. I got $300 for it, not bad.
index.php

index.php

Attachments

• going to the crusher 2.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 94
  • crusher Camaro 2.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 94
Sweet take the money and run, it's a chevy, so that's the best $300 I never spent. I've had my share of them and I'll stick to my Ford projects.

I think I may have influenced my son, Josh who at nine years old had this conversation with me...

Josh, "They should make a special lane for Chevys."

Me, "Why?"

Josh, "So when they break down, they won't block anyone."

It had lots of potential but I'd rather build the Falcon. I hated to have it crushed but no body showed any interest. I didn't get pics after they squished it, in fact I left before they did. They had to take interior. glass, wheels, etc.

Back