• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

70_Fastback: RAT ROD - 193x Ford / 1942 GMC Truck

Re: Got my next project. RAT ROD - '39(?) Ford Truck

Cool project. Glad to see you finally found one. Sounds like fun!

"70_Fastback" said:
Been getting quotes to get it blasted. Just found a local guy who wants 150 - 200$ to do it inside and out. Cab and doors. Take him 2 days.

sounds reasonable to me...

That's about 125 bux cheaper than the bandit that did my fender jambs, valances, 1/4 and fender extensions, and damn near destroyed my hood scoop.

I got robbed or you're gettin' a deal.

Does anyone else besides me smell a new entry brewing for the Members Build Thread forum?

Following something.... anything.... besides another classic Mustang will be a welcome relief!

I second that. J. You need to do a build thread on it here. Theres no debate on this one! :craz

"daveSanborn" said:
Does anyone else besides me smell a new entry brewing for the Members Build Thread forum?

Following something.... anything.... besides another classic Mustang will be a welcome relief!

Ya think?????.....40+ posts about a rusty cab of an old truck.....yes, it is not another Mustang......Stangfix.....how Mustangers fix other things....

"AzPete" said:
Ya think?????.....40+ posts about a rusty cab of an old truck.....yes, it is not another Mustang......Stangfix.....how Mustangers fix other things....
As long as he don't put a chebbie in it. which appears to be the way he is headed. :wtf J?

Pretty sure its a 48 - 50, 51 52 had same bodylines but a bigger back window

"Grimmy" said:
But it has wiper above the windshield.

"lethal289" said:
Thats what i was worried about. I remembered that your dads a chevy guy. Stay away from the darkside J.

No way I'm going with a chevy Jake. Relax, take a deep breath.

"AzPete" said:
That would be one reason for getting banned here......or following nick's build style...... :lol Maybe you can call him in on it and be driving it next Monday.

:lol LoL. Shouldn't need very much great stuff either...

rat_rod_truck.jpg

That has Sluggo's girlie bomb rider pic on it. At the rocker.

"daveSanborn" said:

If everyone else is ok with it, I'll do it.

"Grimmy" said:

The 48s look nothing like my cab from the Google Images that I see.

"silverblueBP" said:
I think you should build a bad a$$ flathead!

+1 Or if you can find a engine cover drop a mod motor in it and keep it covered all the time....

Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead,

Can you hear me now?

Jeremy, that's gonna be bad ass. My son wants to build a rat rod with me. I told him I gotta finish the Mustang 1st. THEN, we'll start one. Mine will definitly be in the 1930's too. They look the baddest to me.

"silverblueBP" said:
Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead, Flathead,

Can you hear me now?
Jeremy is a Fathead ????

okay, maybe I'll build a rat rod Stang out of the POS coupe!

J, you gotta do a build thread. I'd love to build a rat rod, since I probably won't I have to watch you do it!!!

"tarafied1" said:
okay, maybe I'll build a rat rod Stang out of the POS coupe!

J, you gotta do a build thread. I'd love to build a rat rod, since I probably won't I have to watch you do it!!!

Pull up a comfortable chair Craig...

Back