• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Air condition kits 67fb

gee, that's a tough one! I installed mine while nothing was in the car, no engine, seats, carpet, nothing! and didn't get to test the system until about a year or so later. It'd be great if you have some help, at least another set of hands, mainly when installing the evaporator case. I believe the instructions come with a template for drilling the holes in the firewall; getting the case under the dash was probably the most fun, mainly cause I was doing it alone. I'd say a weekend, unless you run into unknown things, which happens. I'd remove the seats, probably the instrument cluster, radio, make sure you've got a nice insulated firewall; you want your AC to work its best.
If and when you decide to do it, start a thread on it for others to follow; they themselves may want to do the same. It's a great upgrade!
dne';)

gee, that's a tough one! I installed mine while nothing was in the car, no engine, seats, carpet, nothing! and didn't get to test the system until about a year or so later. It'd be great if you have some help, at least another set of hands, mainly when installing the evaporator case. I believe the instructions come with a template for drilling the holes in the firewall; getting the case under the dash was probably the most fun, mainly cause I was doing it alone. I'd say a weekend, unless you run into unknown things, which happens. I'd remove the seats, probably the instrument cluster, radio, make sure you've got a nice insulated firewall; you want your AC to work its best.
If and when you decide to do it, start a thread on it for others to follow; they themselves may want to do the same. It's a great upgrade!
dne';)

It will be a few months when I start. My car is in the shop for paint body and 5 speed swap and EFI, then it will be in my hands for a bunch of other stuff. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a first timer without replacing old factory in dash air, probably a complete weekend.

Thanks Jeff!
Do you know would a 1269 old air product made for a 1968 fit a 1967 mustang?

I think the only difference is the bezel controller??
5b2d8b13758621bab7467d99c3cdd490.jpg

Just do not go with Classic Auto Air. I have had 3 of their units and all three lose their charge over the winter. All 3 were installed by professionals who never had this issue with the other brands. Only went with them because they were local and thought they would of been more helpful with problem resolution.

Off the top of my head, besides the control panel configuration, the only other "difference" I can think of might possibly be the pulley configuration for engines (302 and 428) not offered in 1967.

I suggest calling Old Air and asking them.

We installed Vintage Air in our 65 and I was very happy with how complete the kits was and how well it went together. I even made a change of the compressor style after I received it, they swapped it no questions asked.

We installed Vintage Air in our 65 and I was very happy with how complete the kits was and how well it went together. I even made a change of the compressor style after I received it, they swapped it no questions asked.

Good to know thank you. Who did you buy it through?

Thanks Jeff!
Do you know would a 1269 old air product made for a 1968 fit a 1967 mustang?

I think the only difference is the bezel controller??
5b2d8b13758621bab7467d99c3cdd490.jpg

Yes they are the same minus the controller look.

The brackets for the 302 should work on a 289 car.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back