• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

All hail the death of the VMF

"Sluggo" said:
Well, I can tell you this much. No poster or post will ever be chastised/deleted here for mentioning another forum.

Agreed, but to reiterate a StangFix policy.... If your (me included) purpose is to whine about this or that on the VMF, do it in an UN-passworded forum so that guests could view/register/defend any of their actions.

None of us here want to "hide behind" a passworded members only sub-forum to trash talk the VMF or any other forum. If you have an issue, fine, address it in GumFlappers for all to see.

"Sluggo" said:
Well, I can tell you this much. No poster or post will ever be chastised/deleted here for mentioning another forum.

I bet I can get you to break that rule! Tee Hee Hee!

Not to dig the hole any deeper but I find it very odd that Stangnet is OK on the VMF. I post links to it and nothing ever happends. As far as I know, it's the closest competition to them on the web, could be wrong on that though.

Don't know about the old news at VMF I just joined int he last year. I like the forum lots of good info, and good banter. I just joined Stangfix a couple weeks ago, so far I am not seeing much activity on the board or replies to the few things I have posted. I will probably stick with both...

Resurrection of the dead thread!

This place has become VERY quiet lately. Typically there are a couple dozen very active guys posting plus another dozen or so active on top of that. Don't know if it is just a blip or if things will get back to normal soon. We had issues develop around a new comer not too long ago that caused a few very old timers to sign off and it would seem at least a few more to follow suit. This was once the land of the free and home to an absence of political correctness. We were all big boys and said what we thought and could take a punch or too. Then along came a newbie, feathers got ruffled and things changed. Not for the better. Shame really as the best of the VMF created this place, made it home and for a whole lot of years things flourished.

The Fix was the place to be if you were into old stangs, wanted to hang out with like minded guys and could handle a spirited discussion on all things from BBQ to politics. What you didn't find here were over zealous mods and censorship. You also wouldn't find 101 threads about tire sizing or which color neon light to tape to the bottom of your ride. And you would never find a thread emphasizing the use of Great Stuff in body work. Well, you might find the later but certainly not in a "how to" fashion!

Now that you mention it what color neon should I put in my car? I assume I can just duct tape it or use great stuff too right?

Wow Terry, where was I at that I missed the feather ruffling?! Guess it musta been in one of the forum areas I rarely check out! I know there were some troublemakers on VMF (which shall remain nameless), which had migrated over here and I was kinda keeping an eye open for them to start in over here. Thankfully it hasn't ever materialized (fingers crossed). While I have been a member here for a long time now it's only been the past several years that I haven't even logged in over there due to these same people.

I have noticed a decline of the regulars also. Is it just me or has it happened since the latest reformatting of the site? Not trying to stir up crap over the "new" format, just an observation. If it is true, maybe something for Emilio to consider when changing formats. Just a thought.

But slaves only count as 2/5's of a person...so Ames population would have increased by 1.4.

I know there were some troublemakers on VMF (which shall remain nameless)

HEY I have a name!:confused:

, which had migrated over here and I was kinda keeping an eye open for them to start in over here. Thankfully it hasn't ever materialized (fingers crossed). While I have been a member here for a long time now it's only been the past several years that I haven't even logged in over there due to these same people.

WHAT? I haven't been on your nerves enough?:eek:

;)

I have seen a very large amount of misinformation on VMF. I don't go there due to deleted posts and bad info. It seems that at one time a bunch of Chevy guys who got Mustangs were telling everyone how to fix their Fords the Chevy way. They are very much alike but also very much different!

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Back