• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

American Graffiti Car Show, Modesto CA, June 11-13, 2010

General map of Mo-Town:

MAP.jpg

1) Hotel, 1901 W Orangeburg Ave
2) Show location, 2201 Blue Gum
3) My house
4) Fri nite cruise area
5) Grocery/Starbuck's/shopping center, 839 W Roseburg Ave
6) Show registration, Days Inn (behind Pep Boys) 1312 McHenry Ave
7) Gas, Shell / Chevron, 1600 Sisk Road
8) Gas, Chevron, 1400 McHenry Ave

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job John....got all the targets marked.
Its like a bombing run. :scar

So John after we check in at the hotel late Friday afternoon do we need to drive over to Show Registration by Days INN?
Where is the staging area for the cruise? Should we meet up at your place before that?
Why is the sky blue?
Do you think Joanie and Chachi will get back together?

So we are cruising up to Modesto in the wife's car. I have an oil leak that I can't find where it's coming from right now. It's better that way so Jennifer has air conditioning in her car.

"David67" said:
So we are cruising up to Modesto in the wife's car. I have an oil leak that I can't find where it's coming from right now.

Sounds like a visit to the doctor is appropriate?

After you all arrive in town, and check in at the hotel, you should probably get your Registration package at the Days Inn next. From there, feel free to drop by my place and we can caravan to the cruise from here.

Registration is open from 4 - 7 pm. Like Hot August Nights, the envelope will contain the small headlight sticker for admittance to the cruise and Saturday's show.

Staging begins at 10th and D Streets.

PS, the sky is blue because Grabber Orange was already taken by Ford. Chuck Norris is banging Joanie and he threatened to kick Chachi's a$$ if he ever gets near her.

How big is your BBQ? I was thinking of bringing some whole onions that you core out, put some goodies inside and then wrap in foil. I was thinking 1 onion would feed 2+ people since it would only be a side dish.

"DEL65" said:
After you all arrive in town, and check in at the hotel, you should probably get your Registration package at the Days Inn next. From there, feel free to drop by my place and we can caravan to the cruise from here.

Registration is open from 4 - 7 pm. Like Hot August Nights, the envelope will contain the small headlight sticker for admittance to the cruise and Saturday's show.

Staging begins at 10th and D Streets.

PS, the sky is blue because Grabber Orange was already taken by Ford. Chuck Norris is banging Joanie and he threatened to kick Chachi's a$$ if he ever gets near her.

Only two blocks from my office! I will keep an eye out for all of you hoodlums.

"cmayna" said:
How big is your BBQ? I was thinking of bringing some whole onions that you core out, put some goodies inside and then wrap in foil. I was thinking 1 onion would feed 2+ people since it would only be a side dish.

Sounds tasty! I have a basic 2 burner propane grill with an upper shelf I use to cook veggies and bread. I also have a built-in brick charcoal BBQ, but I don't use it much. If neither of those will work, can we use my oven/broiler?

"DEL65" said:
FYI, here's a news article on the Modesto car shows/happenings.
http://www.modbee.com/2010/06/03/1193535/graffiti-summer.html

You tube video from last year, my car appears briefly at 0:23
http://www.visitmodesto.com/calendar/specialevents/graffiti/default.asp

And let's make no mistake, that is yours truly sitting in the passenger seat. Fortunately, me, del65, and the camera man were all quite inebriated, so the John's "car" became visible for a long enough time to get some pictures and video.

"johnpro" said:
And let's make no mistake, that is yours truly sitting in the passenger seat.

Added benefit: He has a savant-like ability to spot all the hot babes in the crowd. :ecit

Next weekend, with everyone's help, my car should become clearly visible.

Addl info: They are expecting 600-700 cars this year.

I spoke with one of the organizers and confirmed the you guys are registered:
Jeff T
Cmaynard
SAC69
KBMWRS
SacBill

Am I leaving anyone out? Crusty? I didn't check JohnPro or Dave67 because they aren't bringing their rides. Want me to check?

If you like, to save some time, I can drop by the registration booth Friday afternoon and pick up everyone's show package, cruise sticker, and t-shirts. I have everyone's sizes.

I don't mind at all if you pick up my show registration stuff. I'm assuming that means I wouldn't have to run that errand on Friday afternoon. :ecit

John / DEL65,

I will attend after all, please pick up my reg packet and don't pilfer from the goody bag, if you don't mind.

---

Crusty,

SWMBO is not coming so I'll have a spare seat if someone wants a ride on Fri night.

Back