• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Autometer finally

"B67FSTB" said:
Hello stangfixerfrom up north of europe !!!

I will sent you a DWG file so you can lasercut the backingplate out of metal.
If you need more info , don't hesitate to shoot me a PM

To Craig
If you look around to acquire the gauges and tackle this job by your own , you can make a cluster for half the amount.

But hee ... some have more money then time !! :roll :roll

Me ?? I have more time then money

Bruno, since I also did it from scratch, I was simply giving others another option.

Bruno,
It has been too long since I did mine but, I question how you are going to secure your bezel to the dash with your current design.

Case in point are these two lower cluster frame connector tabs which I am pointing to. I have forgotton their importance when securing the bezel to the dash. I removed mine and secured them to the new bezel assembly.

4-020113081905-10629397.jpeg

4-020113081911-10631622.jpeg

Also are the fastening points along the top. In this pic you can see a metal strip towards the top which I cut from the retired cluster frame to attach to the new bezel assembly. If I remember correctly, the screws that secure the upper portion of the assembly thread into the 3 holes of this strip. Yes?
4-020113081916-106331870.jpeg

Maybe I did an overkill and these reinforcement points are not needed?

Just food for thought before you attempt to attach the assembly to the dash.

Update:
I just found this pic in my archieve that is showing the J clip nuts fastened to the dash frame itself, thus the purpose of the holes in the cluster frame is to simply help support the bezel assembly, not expecting the plastic bezel frame to do all the work?
4_27_06_10_7_18_36.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Craig , you are right about that and no , you did not overkill the importance of top and bottom attachment points.
I spent some thoughts about that too and I think the way you did it is , for now , the way to do it.
Although I have a alu strip mounted behind the tach and speedo , maybe I can use this to pull the cluster into the dash.

Back