• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Back for re-restoration;)

Looking good. Should have told us you were looking for a filter element. I found/have a K&N permanent oiled style that I use in the same size air cleaner. I still have the paper unit that came with it I could have sent you!

No worries Terry;) hmmm, let's see, worked on the instrument cluster installation a bit, I need to recheck wiring to the fuel gauge, it's not going up, or it's very very low on fuel. I need to go get some fuel and try again. I'm actually ready for a test run; I get rather nervous for some dumb reason when venturing out for the first time~ I feel I need to have a tow chain ready for Gary to come tow me home! lol

It's ALIVE! For the short test drive, I had Gary follow me over to our nearby baseball park. I just made a loop there, and came back, but pulling out onto the street, kind of got on it in first, barked the tires in second! It's sounding good!! I wish I had a tach:( There's still plenty to do, mostly detail, and I hope Gary will buy me some new wheels as he promised;)

Gary took a short video, but I'll be darned if I can figure out how to download it!

OMG, it's much quicker than my old 289 with the C4 with the 2:79 gear! Now I have the HO 5.0, T5 with a 3:55 posi! sounds neat to say that!!

Those first drives are always fun and nerve wracking. You've come a long way really quick. Nice work.

"Those first drives are always fun and nerve wracking. You've come a long way really quick. Nice work.
Terry"

Yes, NERVE WRACKING!!!

I'd like to share the life of my mom with you guys/gals~ I'm hoping to keep it short otherwise I'll be sobbing again:( Mom (Sissy to friends) was 93 years young and passed away August 27, 2019 at 9:22pm. I was with her when I saw here brilliant eyes go dim. We had a great evening as I was spending the night. When time for bed, she complained of some chest pain and I responded, "bad as before?" and that was it, she was gone. I'm torn, not only the passing of my best friend, but the quickness of her passing as were having a good time. Just a few weeks or so before, she was mowing on one of her 26hp lawn tractors; I made sure she was armed to mow her 2.5 acres of St. Augustine grass which she planted while I was still in diapers (she says) She loved mowing! I was sure to keep both her tractors in tip top shape, even after one had been submerged by Harvey for two weeks! My goal in life was to keep her happy, her home fun, as there was always something to fix on the old home, built when I was born , almost 65 years ago.

She and I after I had finished putting down flooring for her Coca cola room; one of my favorite pics.

She was tiny, but fierce as Granny off the the Beverly hillbillies~ She knew my love for old cars!

In her young days she was a tap dancer probably better than Shirley Timple and to this day I can still tap what she taught me, a hop shuffle step!

I know she lived a long time, but the hurt is still there of her not here; as I've been so used to calling her 10x a day! She was so awesome, like talking to a 30 y/o when on the phone, you'd never know she was an 93 y/o!

I miss you mom, but I'll see you in a unspecified number of years!! May we meet again!
Your loving daughter, dne'

I'm so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing, but it sure sounds like she had a great life.

Keep those memories alive and she'll never really be gone.

You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Me too , so sorry to hear of your mom's passing girl but it sounds she had a great 93 year life , which alot of people can't say so and thereby be grateful and celebrated her life..Cherries the moments you both were together and had fun . I'll bet she be always on your side.

Again Dne' sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. Thanks for sharing with us the great lady that she was. Cherish the memories of your great times and talks with her. Thoughts and prayers going out for you and your family.

Sorry for you loss but glad you were there with her and have great memories. Thanks for sharing. Prayers to you and you family.

Dne, sorry for your loss. I know that sorrow and pain, loosing a loved one. My wife passed away a month ago because of affects from a brain tumor.

Gee Paul, I'm so sorry to hear that about your wife!:( My husbands first wife died abruptly of a rare ovarian cancer; it's crazy all the ways we can go and quite sad. I'm trying to stay busy in the garage, however I'm like a zombie, just trying to get my sense of humor back would be nice.
Thanks everyone!
dne'

Hey Dne' hope all is well with you and the family. How's the build coming along? All finished and on the road?

Back