• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Basehor, KS car show results

A

Anonymous

We had a great day yesterday freezing our hind ends off at the show. Myself along with Jeremy, Skip and Dan hung out yesterday BSing for hours till the awards were doled out. There were just shy of 300 cars, really nice stuff which was a surprise considering the freezing temps and chance of rain/flurries.

Skip walked away with a Top 75 trophy, Jeremy received the Senior Class Choice Trophy and I got to hang out with winners all day :toot

Maybe talked a couple of fellow Mustangers into coming to the track next year.....we'll see. I think Skip really wants to try track time, maybe with a little more "persuasion" it'll happen :pep

Jeremy received a really cool set of original ORP roller perches and we all had boiled peanuts for dessert at lunch. Dan & Skip weren't impressed, but J ate those little nuggets from culinary heaven till his fingers burned from the salt.

All in all, it was a great day, lots of fun and even some ribbing of the Kalifornia guys. Too bad they're not "true" car enthusiasts that'll brave the freezing cold to promote the hobby :nice

The only pic I took was of Bob V (cloney) attempting to blow up the engine in the Grand Am P.O.S., they gave up after 38 minutes at WFO....tough little engine. Bob's one tough guy, sitting in the freezing temps the whole time with no jacket :crazy

BobV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
J took more pictures than that with his cell phone..... I got a picture of a handful of peanuts, although it was a crappy cell phone picture, I hope they were peanuts... I also got a picture of the cool award he walked away with.

He has a few pics with his camera.....my cell camera which takes great pics (above) was not working well with my frozen fingers later in the day!

J's prolly in boiled peanut heaven about now!

Braving the cold. What a REAL car show is like. Not like the wussified Kalifornian shows with their warmth and their breezes...

26_11_10_09_1_35_24_4.jpg

And the OH so Good boiled peanuts...

26_11_10_09_1_35_23_3.jpg

26_11_10_09_1_35_23_1.jpg

26_11_10_09_1_35_23_2.jpg

(this is got a little blurry - think I started shaking with anticipation of tasting it...)

Damn I want some boiled peanuts now.

Y'all are way more hardcore than me. I'd just stay home rather than go show in that cold.

Looks like a fun day, though :)

I forgot about this, but couldn't of gone anyways.
There was some car show down at a boat launch off 291hwy just south of 210hwy.
I saw it on my way up to a family thing.

All in all, it was a great day, lots of fun and even some ribbing of the Kalifornia guys. Too bad they're not "true" car enthusiasts that'll brave the freezing cold to promote the hobby

Any wimp can brave the cold! :3sum

When you guys drive your non-air conditioned car 2 hours to a show in 110+ weather, we'll start to consider you guys "true car enthusiasts"!

We don't do boiled peanuts, either. Maybe wash our tofu down with wine, but peanuts?

"Shrinkdude" said:
I forgot about this, but couldn't of gone anyways.
There was some car show down at a boat launch off 291hwy just south of 210hwy.
I saw it on my way up to a family thing.

My Dad say that one too. He thought about going to it later, but decided against it.

Thanks for the picture of the the back of my car going down the road.

It took 10 minutes for my tires to warm up after we left the show.

Later.

Skip

Back