• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Big brake kit for small wheels

Kit is now shipping. Use the 10% off coupon code for Stangfix members before the end of 2009 to save cash and stop quick!

nice Shaun! wish you had this kit a year ago... i would of ordered from you. i hope more new stuff like this comes out in the future... jaw-dropping!

did you say alum calipers... how much??!!! =)

"hivewax" said:
nice Shaun! wish you had this kit a year ago... i would of ordered from you. i hope more new stuff like this comes out in the future... jaw-dropping!

did you say alum calipers... how much??!!! =)

Thank you!

Save your tax return money. Next month my tubular upper and lower control arms will be ready!

UCA_exploded_small.jpg

lca_exploded_small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another batch of brackets ready. This time I remembered to snap a picture before they all went!

Billet steel sexiness:

trans-am_brackets.jpg

I still have my heart set on a pair of those big brakes.

btw, will my current, stock, disc brake master cylinder still work with them?

"pprince" said:
I still have my heart set on a pair of those big brakes.

btw, will my current, stock, disc brake master cylinder still work with them?

Paul,

Thanks for your interest in the kit.

A 1" bore master cylinder will work well. Best thing to do is pull the master cylinder and measure the bore. If it's smaller or larger than 1" you'll either get too much pedal travel or the pedal will take too much effort. Best to measure first.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Shaun,
I have a 64.5 convertible with 14" styled steel wheels with stock KH disc brakes, but would like the most stopping power I could get using ford-styled parts. What is the best setup using the 14" wheel? Could I use an oversized rotor such as your Cobra kit, but with the KH calipers?

Vic

PS: I had the pleasure of meeting you at SAAC35.

What a great event that was! Can't wait for next year.

My official line is that my smallest kit will need 15" wheels. BUT, I have put our 11.25" kit into original 14" Magnum 500's. Problem was all 4 were original but only 3 cleared the caliper because of the variance in the wheel hoop.

Back