• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Biggest Little MCA Show, May 20-22, 2022 in Suisun City, CA

Made it today to the dreadful city of Palmdale where there are no palms and no dales to speak of. Jacuzzi hit the spot, though. Should make the show site tomorrow afternoon.

I choose the latter! What do I win for guessing right?
Ken: You win the award. Laurie's truck broke down just before going over the grapevine: no start after filling up with gas in Gorman. Diagnosis was 7 qts oil low. Truck burns a qt of oil every 85 miles; she decided it wasn't worth 2 transits over the grapevine hauling a trailer with this engine. Going home today.

Ken: You win the award. Laurie's truck broke down just before going over the grapevine: no start after filling up with gas in Gorman. Diagnosis was 7 qts oil low. Truck burns a qt of oil every 85 miles; she decided it wasn't worth 2 transits over the grapevine hauling a trailer with this engine. Going home today.

That is not how I wanted to win this award. Sorry to hear you guys had truck trouble. I hope it gets you back home safely.

Well, after getting the truck fixed in Gorman, we headed back to Palmdale for the night. This morning, found 2 flat tires on the trailer. Called a mobile service and they determined nail punctures. Fixed, and then tried to start the truck to get going. No go: crank and no catch. Same problem as in Gorman. Had it towed to a local shop, and they got it running, but noticed excessive oil consumption (duh!), but the truck won't be fixed and available until Monday at the earliest. Stuck in the hotel in Palmdale...sigh.

Nope. Stuck in Palmdale, as the truck broke down again. Will probably receive it back Monday or Tuesday.

I've been stuck in Gorman as well as Barstow. Two of my daughters got stuck several times in Barstow. It got to a point at both spots that we thought they were cursed. I don't even like to stop there even now.

Hope all works out well.

Mel

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Looks like bad fuel injectors on my truck. This will be one expensive, useless trip.

Hope it works out.
Better than we expected. After spending 10 days stuck at the hotel with little to do, we realized that we weren't getting on each other's nerves, and were rather enjoying the time together. So...on the way home, we were discussing alternative honeymoon spots (good and bad relative to Palmdale), and decided that a later trip to Lambeh Indonesia for an underwater photography class for Laurie was an ideal location. Since we had already paid a down payment for the both of us, I proposed and Laurie accepted. Yup...this time, no hoax. We're now engaged.

Isn't marrying the same person twice double indemnity or something?

Enjoy yourselves.

Better than we expected. After spending 10 days stuck at the hotel with little to do, we realized that we weren't getting on each other's nerves, and were rather enjoying the time together. So...on the way home, we were discussing alternative honeymoon spots (good and bad relative to Palmdale), and decided that a later trip to Lambeh Indonesia for an underwater photography class for Laurie was an ideal location. Since we had already paid a down payment for the both of us, I proposed and Laurie accepted. Yup...this time, no hoax. We're now engaged.
Where do we send the sympathy cards for Laurie?

Wow...this really says something. 10 days in Palmdale with you (no where near as nice as the palm reference would have you believe) and she still accepted your proposal!

Back