• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Boom's Boosted Bullitt

Got my new filter in. They had a 9" and 12" tall option. I got the 9" since it was in stock. I don't forsee needing the larger one realistically. I like that not having the maf in fender well moves the filter up a good bit so it's not as close to the ground.

20240606_143331.jpg

Car fired right up and idled smooth. I drove it home, was raining quite a bit so I didn't romp on it at all. Maybe in the morning ill get on it a bit more to see how it runs.

20240606_160329.jpg

Car has been running smoothly. Decoded to move on with installing the next parts. I know some of you probably won't like it.

My calipers came back from the powdercoating shop. Here's a shot getting ready to reassemble them.

20240613_150318.jpg

This was my first time rebuilding calipers, so I was a bit nervous. Seemed to go back together without issue.

20240613_162232.jpg

I decided to install them today. I am reusing the stock 13" rotor, I have new pads and hardware of course.

There's not much to the install. Since I had already replaced the bushings, these literally just bolt right onto the car. Even uses the same banjo bolt. Stock brake hoses fit and everything. I grabbed some new copper washers and mounted everything up.

20240615_164525.jpg

The wheels are close in spots, but I had already verified they'd fit.

The toughest part for me was bleeding everything. I'm not good at using those lil vacuum pumps. I prefer to use the old two person pump pump hold method.

Car has a bit more pedal travel now but does stop firmer. I'll drive around some more to hopefully bed in the new pads to the old rotors.

20240615_193650.jpg

Nice, it's looking good. Is there someone that sells a kit to adapt the CVS brembo calipers to the sn95 spindle?
Thanks!

I don't think so. I believe the CTS caliper has a solid design with the holes all cast into the caliper itself.

The ATS and XTS calipers have a bushing that you can press out and then press in one designed for the sn95 caliper. Thays what i did with this setup here.

The ATS uses the stock 13" Cobra rotors. The XTS is bigger and runs the 14" GT500 rotors.

Here's the place I got the bushings amd spacer from. They make a kit to allow a bigger rear rotor too.
Caliper bushings

Thanks!

I don't think so. I believe the CTS caliper has a solid design with the holes all cast into the caliper itself.

The ATS and XTS calipers have a bushing that you can press out and then press in one designed for the sn95 caliper. Thays what i did with this setup here.

The ATS uses the stock 13" Cobra rotors. The XTS is bigger and runs the 14" GT500 rotors.

Here's the place I got the bushings amd spacer from. They make a kit to allow a bigger rear rotor too.
Caliper bushings
Thanks. I don't see a link if you posted it.

Back