• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Concrete question...

"Fast68back" said:
Dave, what you growing in the greenhouse????

Nothing as of late. I used to haul all of the potted plants off of the deck and store them in the greenhouse for the Winter, but between me forgetting them and the German Shephard eating them, they're all gone.

The greenhouse mostly stores ALL of the yard tools/chemicals throughout the year.

I'm not stupid enough to grow anything illegal on my property if that's what you were getting at.... that's what redneck neighbors property is for. :jam

I talked to my son about wheelbarrowing the concrete around the sloped side of the garage. He wasn't too thrilled with manuevering trip after trip of concrete on that slope.

An hour later he called me back and asked why we couldn't just create the new opening on the back wall of the garage first.... and then use the previously mentioned power buggy? The power buggy would transfer the concrete from the existing parking pad through the garage and the new opening in the back wall directly onto the pour site.

Duh.

Why didn't any of you clowns (or me) think of that? LMAO.

I priced the power buggy and it's a $75 a day rental.

Problem solved.

I would have needed to see the site and have a better idea of what you were planning on ending up with, normally I would not suggest cutting a hole in the in the back of a garage, I might make a hole in a garage wall when backing up but that would not be a planned thing.

"Mustang Mike" said:
Can't you just go to Home Depot and get a few mexicans?

I know you meant "guest workers". There is no way you are that insensitive :naughty

Can't we all just get along? 3s
:show :show :show :show :show :show

Well, I am pretty insensitive. No need for political correctness here in Alaska. If I was in Mexico and looking for work, they would go down to Pablos taco bar and find an American. Because that's where I'd be waiting!:)

"Mustang Mike" said:
Can't you just go to Home Depot and get a few mexicans?

Heck, no need to go all the way to Home Depot, my wife is Mexican. Trust me, she wouldn't be of any help with manual labor involved.

if you drive by any of the farms down here in KY all you see is Mexican workers... none of the spoiled "American" kids will do manual labor, including my 18 year old son! Very different from when I was growing up. I can't get him to realize hard work can be rewarding and a good place to start. ~bh Anyway, I'm off my soap box now.

Good news. I think I may have saved myself a few grand and about 6 weekends of work.

I got to looking at the shop/garage on Sunday and realized that half of my "space" problem is related to the walls "closing in on me", thus considerably reducing the floor space. I decided to delete some floor mounted shelving units, build some new wall mounted shelves, and then do some minor reorganization/parking of vehicles. Miraculously, everything fits much better and I still have a couple floor mounted shelves that I want to delete.... plus getting my brothers bigass gun safe moved over to this house will create even more room. I don't think the much discussed addition is even necessary anymore. The red chopper in the photo is sold and will be delivered to the new owner in April, creating even more room. To get any of the cars/bikes out of the shop, all we have to do is move my '66 outside for a couple minutes. Here are some pictures....

001-25.jpg

002-26.jpg

003-22.jpg

006-14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back