• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dyno Day for the 502

So will it be Power Tour Ready?

Well, I am out of town for two weeks but when I get home I will drop it in. Then it’s s matter of sorting out the TKO swap. I’m not a pessimist but I am also not optimistic about my chances!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I am out of town for two weeks but when I get home I will drop it in. Then it’s s matter of sorting out the TKO swap. I’m not a pessimist but I am also not optimistic about my chances!

We will keep our finger crossed for you. I think the 59 truck is finally ready. The ac is blowing real cold air.

We will keep our finger crossed for you. I think the 59 truck is finally ready. The ac is blowing real cold air.

Well maybe I’ll ride with you! It’s gonna be a hot one as usual.
You still planning to come to our house?

Well maybe I’ll ride with you! It’s gonna be a hot one as usual.
You still planning to come to our house?

Yes we hope to be there Friday but do not plan to kill ourself's to get there. We will keep you posted.

You or Tara are welcome to ride. I know Tara has gotten overheated in the past, maybe she can ride with Julie (in the AC) some afternoons and I can ride with you!

yeah, now I have to put the headers on/in. Not looking forward to that! I actually have to lift it back up off the motor mounts to get to all the bolts. But it is getting closer!

Last edited:
yeah, your 68 is my favorite!
But I will get the 67 running again soon. I have had limited time. After Power Tour we also had a family issue. I went to Sugarland TX for work but drove my wife up to Chicago first (and I flew out of Midway). She was working on her mom's house to get ready to sell, MIL is going to a nursing home. She can't take care of herself after my father-in-law died last January. Anyway, while I was in TX my wife's grandfather died. He was 93. He was a WWII vet that landed on Omaha beach, he was a Captain of Naperville Fire Dept and after he retired he worked for Warrenville Fire Dept. He also taught fire science at the college of Dupage. So anyway, I returned from TX and they asked me to be a pallbearer. the wake was Sunday and funeral was Monday. We drove home on Tuesday. I leave for England next weekend... so little time, so much to do!

yeah, now I have to put the headers on/in. Not looking forward to that! I actually have to lift it back up off the motor mounts to get to all the bolts. But it is getting closer!

I imagine it sucks beyond imagination lol. I know the 460 headers I had were the worst I’ve ever seen. Remember the header issues I had on the 351w with the Isuzu steering box? Never in my life did I want stock manifolds so bad lmao.

here are a couple pics from the funeral...
41d0a36b16afceb8f99c83e07020e12e.jpg
744545232b3fd952ec0f302acfaa7444.jpg
12fc1473cdbd8d710aafca4c2182ced0.jpg

So sorry to hear of your loss. Julie is still struggling with the loss of her mom last month. Getting her condo ready to sell has taken most of hers and mine free time. I know the journey you are on since we are on the same one.

My deepest respect to Tara's grandfather , WWII veteran landed on Omaha Beach.
Anyone who know a bit/little of the WWII and expecially D-Day know what these guys went through.
My deepest respect to her grandfather and my sensire condolensces to Tara.
B.

Craig glad to see you've been able to get some work done on the 67. Sorry to hear about Tara's grandfather and the issues with her Mom. Hope all goes well with every thing you all are taking care of for her Mom.

Back