• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Eleanor Coupe project history

a Mazda Miata.

I just ran up the street and back, no issues. I haven't driven with everyone in the car, but I think it will be okay. I do think I'm going to need to pursuade the front of the inner wheel house though. It's real close and I bet on hard corners it will rub.

That is one heck of a sexy looking stang with those wheels. :10

Question, the rocker panel with the built in exhaust hole... was that custom made or where did you get it?

thanks for quoting me Dave, I misspelled "persuade" and when its not so hot I'll take the hammer to it!

Kat,
the rocker panel is part of a kit for "Eleanor" I also modified the rockers to allow the exhaust to go thru...

just updating my build thread. I've posted this elsewhere but I figured I would keep it all in the same thread.
I managed to wreck the car. Not too bad but broke the fiberglass lower nose and cracked the upper nose. I got a prototype nose from Rich at Mustangs to Fear that didn't have the Eleanor lights by the headlights. While it was being repaired anyway I decided to make some changes. The MTF nose was incorporated with the Maier Racing nose and I sandblasted my original rear bumper, welded the brackets and filled the bolt holes and had it painted too. So it has changed just a little bit.
72-010411181731-775126.jpeg

72-010411181831-7755159.jpeg

72-200511113015-81141931.jpeg

72-200511113127-81171539.jpeg

I have driven the car on two Hot Power Tours to date. I have driven it in 11 different states, I drive it in all kinds of weather and anywhere I want including the grocery store!
Future plans include adding AC and a 5 speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back