• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

FOR CRAIG - April Fool's Day isn't always in April

If he is mad (which I don't believe for a minute), he's mad at falling for a great public prank. Which means mad or not, he's desperately trying to figure out a way to pay back a bit. Put yourself in his shoes and try to come up with a good retaliation. It's more than tough to come up with anything other than...pretend you are really pissed and try to get people to feel bad, etc.

I've never met him but from all his posts and discussions around here I think we all have a pretty good idea of his personality. I'm sure he is just fine...so stop with this sympathy crap. :)

"cmayna" said:
On the expense of myself, I really hope you guys had a great time.

I’ve been away from work for most of the day on various personal errands and when I return, I find my cel phone with text messages and voice mails. Too bad I had the phone off most of the time for (yes Bill) I already went to the post office this morning and mailed the "not appropriate" steering wheel back to the supplier in the UK. (Bruno, you can email Bryan to confirm). I'll get a full credit on the product, but am now out double shipping charges and still have no steering wheel.

It's not often that I get upset as it's not in my nature to do so, but this one hurt me. Not only did I get very little sleep last night over this, but the people that I trust had me convinced that I'd made a poor decision. Maybe I'm just losing my sense of humor and need to take a break for awhile.

KBMWRS, I'm passing on SAAC35. Don't bother calling me for I'm really not in the mood right now.

What a show here !! LOL

Don't believe one word of this.!!!

Craig is trying to convince me to contact Bryan ( the seller of the Moto-Lita steeringwheel ) if it is true that he returned the wheel.
So he can pull me a leg !!!! No way I'll do this.
I never personnelly met anyone from this forum and never met Craig in person , but I think I know him.
I am long enough on this forum to know Craig regarding pranks and making fun.
But for a brief second , he had his doughts about that wheel after your comments.!!!
That dude is out for a revenge !!

"daveSanborn" said:
So does this mean that you emailed the seller of Craig's (ex) steering wheel and he confirmed that it WASN'T being shipped back?
Would he make that suggestion if he hadn't already gotten to him to gain his help in supporting his tale? Please.

I'm starting to think you are trying to be part of both sides of this game Mr. Sanborn. You don't seem the sympathetic type. :lol

"Horseplay" said:
Would he make that suggestion if he hadn't already gotten to him to gain his help in supporting his tale? Please.

I'm starting to think you are trying to be part of both sides of this game Mr. Sanborn. You don't seem the sympathetic type. :lol

+1 here !!

"Horseplay" said:

The real Dave Sanborn would respond something like this:

"Suck it up Craig. You should build your car how you want it and screw those who don't care for one thing or another. It's not their money so what say do they really have in the decision making process? If you're gonna get everybody's approval for a decision you're gonna make, you might as well get them to pay for it also. Grow up and do what you want to do. You're gonna be the one driving it."

Notice I did leave out a few choice words since this is an open board.

You guys can think whatever you want, but I'm still leaning towards "Craig's pissed". Just a gut feeling I have, nothing more.

"blue65coupe" said:
The real Dave Sanborn would respond something like this:

"Suck it up Craig. You should build your car how you want it and screw those who don't care for one thing or another. It's not their money so what say do they really have in the decision making process? If you're gonna get everybody's approval for a decision you're gonna make, you might as well get them to pay for it also. Grow up and do what you want to do. You're gonna be the one driving it."

Notice I did leave out a few choice words since this is an open board.

same here ....as far as I think knowing Dave Sanborn .. straight forward , down to earth , no nonsons.Right??

"B67FSTB" said:
same here ....as far as I think knowing Dave Sanborn .. straight forward , down to earth , no nonsons.Right??

Duane/Bruno,

Agreed, but I don't make it a habit of kicking anyone when they're down. Just like all of you, I'm hoping that this is just Craig screwing with us.

I honestly wish I was screwing with the whole bunch of you for you deserve it and more importantly, I’d still have a steering wheel.

To be brutally honest and to help clear the air , I am really more pissed at myself for 2 reasons:

First for taking your comments seriously and secondly for not staying online to see the April Fools post. Had I seen the light sooner, I could have avoided this terrible mistake.

Also just to let you also know that as soon as I got back to the office yesterday and saw the new post, I rushed down to the post office attempting to get the package back, but by that time, the noon departure truck had already left for San Francisco with my package in it.

Now I need to find another steering wheel and I really don’t think it will be another Moto-Lita. Don’t think I can stomach it.

Lesson learned

"daveSanborn" said:
Duane/Bruno,

Agreed, but I don't make it a habit of kicking anyone when they're down. Just like all of you, I'm hoping that this is just Craig screwing with us.

You bet he is !!

If not , i will come over next year and give Craig a big hug and a steeringwheel !!!
Just need to know when it is not too hot in California....regarding temperature of course!!

Only one way to settle this. How about a picture of Shag sans steering wheel with a copy of today's newspaper in the shot. You know, kidnapper style. Thing is it needs to appear next to pronto or you may just take the time to actually pull that wheel. Or you could always take a shot of the shipping receipt. That too needs to happen real fast before you could start forging.
Even then... :)

"B67FSTB" said:
You bet he is !!

If not , i will come over next year and give Craig a big hug and a steeringwheel !!!
Just need to know when it is not too hot in California....regarding temperature of course!!

November-February! Look forward to meeting you Bruno. LoL

Well, Craig, I consider you a friend and it hurts to see you hurt by something we thought was just a (somewhat) harmless joke. It’s sometimes hard to know when a joke is appropriate and when it’s “over the top�. Obviously, in this case, it was over the top. I’d like to apologize for my part in this joke. I’ve certainly learned a lesson for the future.

Frank

Hmmmmm.....sent it back and thought the post office would give you the package once in their possession.....questionable.....

Return takes "writing or durable medium" such as e-mail confirmation before shipping.

"AzPete" said:
Hmmmmm.....sent it back and thought the post office would give you the package once in their possession.....questionable.....

We have a small town (somewhat) post ofice here. Let's put it this way.... 2 out of the 3 regular tellers say "hi Dave" when I get to their window/station. A couple years ago I accidentally forgot to include something REALLY important in a package that I had just mailed an hour earlier. I thought for sure that with all of my receipts, coupled with my charm and the fact that they KNOW me, that getting the package back would a simple process. Uh-uh. Only the Postmaster could authorize them to retrieve my package from their system and he was off work on personal business. When my post office buddy finally called me back to meet with the Postmaster, it was too late to get it back, but.......

..........I did try to get it back.

Back