• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Game on....you know the drill

Clearly the previous pics have been too easy for you guys. You all certainly know your cars.

Here's one that will remind you of a whole bunch of different cars from the era.

Hint - It's from the GM stable.

Sorry I don't have much luck with sizing the pics.

Attachments

• What is it.jpg
    What is it.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 14
No...……... but I suspect that would have been an influence on the finished design.

I did say it will remind you of a bunch of different cars.

But this is a fun way to get to know some.

OK, so this one is a 1956 FJ Holden (GM). It probably looks so familiar, because much of the panel work came from existing USA cars. This was the second mass produced car in Australia, by Australians. Given that in 1956 the whole country had a population of less than 9.5 million, it was quite an achievement to develop a car manufacturing capability. Was pretty basic though, no turn signals, tail light had to be turned on manually by a switch at the light and air conditioning was a window crank.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Back to the US cars.

Attachments

• 1956 FJ Holden.jpg
    1956 FJ Holden.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
But this is a fun way to get to know some.

OK, so this one is a 1956 FJ Holden (GM). It probably looks so familiar, because much of the panel work came from existing USA cars. This was the second mass produced car in Australia, by Australians. Given that in 1956 the whole country had a population of less than 9.5 million, it was quite an achievement to develop a car manufacturing capability. Was pretty basic though, no turn signals, tail light had to be turned on manually by a switch at the light and air conditioning was a window crank.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Back to the US cars.
It's all fun. Hijack away.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah what he said......both you uze guyz.;)

Now on to the chrome vents.....make and year???

Yeah what he said......both you uze guyz.;)

Now on to the chrome vents.....make and year???
I don't even have a clue. Maybe 30s or 40s. Possibly 50s. But you've stumped me, Mike.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I agree the 1930's seems about right but I'm thinking a larger, more luxurious brand than Chevy. Initially I was thinking Packard but they were not a part of GM.

Back