• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Going to take a hammer to Gertrude...

"AzPete" said:
DO NOT DROP PIECES IN THE CARB..........MAJOR PROBLEMS COULD OCCUR.

We're going to tape everything so nothing gets down in it. If hubby can't get it out, we're going to have to take to a shop to get it out.

"silverblueBP" said:
Just remove the carb and work on it away from the intake!

Or get Mark to come over and listen to make sure nothing drops...he can hear a pin drop at 1,000 yards you know :nk

"AzPete" said:
DO NOT DROP PIECES IN THE CARB..........MAJOR PROBLEMS COULD OCCUR.

Been there, done that...I have the marred up piston sitting in my Vidmar cabinet and messed up aluminum head to prove it. I dropped a nut down the intake, and didn't realize it. I thought it dropped down to the floor. Cranked up the motor and sounded like crap and turned it off immediately. That short amount of time, messed things up big time.

if it's broke because it twisted off then you are probably going to have to drill it out. You will want at the very least to use a drill press to keep the bit going centered. The stud will force a hand drill to "walk" and make a big mess. You will want to start with a small bit and get bigger after the pilot hole. The stud is fairly small dia. so an easy-out probably won't work. I hate drilling out broken studs/bolts! Good Luck!

"buening" said:
I think Craig is on the "No-fly" list because of his tool pouch outfit
231_27_07_10_6_16_21_3.gif

Or because the tool pouch is..... empty.

"cmayna" said:
Kat, I prefer an isle seat, say row 3-4.....if you want to fly me down to help tear into that beast of yours.

boratKat.jpg

That pic has to be Kat's new Avatar!

Last edited by a moderator:
"tarafied1" said:
did you get the stud out? (I mean the wing nut stud, not tool pouch man)

Not yet. Had to run to the store tonight to buy the right kind of drill bit. Also bought a new, proper wing but bolt which the PO didn't use. If we can't drill it out ourselves, one of the car club guys offered to help if we need it.

Craig is ready for the Texas Party

231_29_07_10_8_09_29.jpg

Yeah I know, poor execution. It was done on paint :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back