• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Group Buy 15" Moto-Lita Steering Wheel

How about a bigger picture. Not my picture, but from my friend.

wheel_shelby_lg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Price seems good....you aren't going to charge me $100 in shipping are you?

Put me in for 2....but one is for 65..one is for 67 so need to know if they are different ;)

What is your timing though...I will be out of the country for a couple weeks?

No,
I was just going to charge you $95 for shipping! :roll Iam a firm believer in not marking up shipping. What ever the cost is from my Zip to yours, is what you pay.

I'll more than likely set up a section on my web site for this group buy. I really want to see one of these wheels personally before I ask anyone for money. I'll put two aside for you, and I can ship them when you get back and we can settle up then. Would that work?

-Mark

"dodgestang" said:
Price seems good....you aren't going to charge me $100 in shipping are you?

Put me in for 2....but one is for 65..one is for 67 so need to know if they are different ;)

What is your timing though...I will be out of the country for a couple weeks?

"mmw68" said:
No,
I was just going to charge you $95 for shipping! :roll Iam a firm believer in not marking up shipping. What ever the cost is from my Zip to yours, is what you pay.

I'll more than likely set up a section on my web site for this group buy. I really want to see one of these wheels personally before I ask anyone for money. I'll put two aside for you, and I can ship them when you get back and we can settle up then. Would that work?

-Mark

That's fine. This post is confirmation that I will buy 2 wheels, 1 for 65, 1 for 67. Shipping will eventually be to 21911 and payment can be made via paypal

Group pricing is $184.50 each:
15" 9 bolt wheel
9 bolt Hub with horn button, Ford splines for me.

"mmw68" said:
Iam not sure on the hub question, 65-66 - VS 67-68 - can any one answer this?

Both Lecarra and Moto-Lita show different hubs for 65-66 and 67-76. It seems the 65-66 cars have 3.6" diameters and the later have 4.1".

I'll need the 65-66 version. Thanks.

i am interested too for the 66 coupe that I am restoring. Is it still on? Shipping would be for 40513. Plse let me know. Thank you

It seems that the Hub I can get get will work on the 67-79 Ford spline.
I don't see why I could get just the wheel, and we source the hub some place else?

"mmw68" said:
It seems that the Hub I can get get will work on the 67-79 Ford spline.
I don't see why I could get just the wheel, and we source the hub some place else?

But if you have a problem with a 65 HUB....I'm still in for one....but without a guaranteed 65 fit I wouldn't buy 2.

"mmw68" said:
If my wheel would mount up to the Lecarra 12404 hub, then it would work? Iam going to order this hub from summit, and see if it mounts to the wheel. If it does, then I feel we are good to go!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LAC-BA-22404/Application/?query=Year|1966|Make|FORD&prefilter=1

Yes, I feel that is a good test too, just one concern: In the picture of your wheel, there is an extra ring which looks to go on top of the wheel, sandwiching the wheel between it and the hub. The Lacarra wheel doesn't use this and has the holes in the wheel countersunk. Also, could this be problematic with the horn button and how it sits flush?

The wheel arrived today, Iam very impressed with the fit and finish! Did not mount all the bolts up yet, but here are some quick pictures.

wheel3.jpg

wheel1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

wheel4.jpg

wheel5.jpg

The hub for the 1967 - 73 is very nice, well built. No gap on the steering column.

It comes with screws and has threads in the hub. But I think Iam going to drill them out, and use the nuts/bolts that came with the trim ring. I'll get pictures.

Another thing I need to figure out is the horn button. It is the one wire type - that grounds out a horn. So maybe I'll just have it trip a relay to fire off the horns?

hub1.jpg

horn1.jpg

screw.jpg

screw2.jpg

Iam going to order a 65 hub, and if the wheel fits on it, then someone can purchase the Hub from me.
Summit racing has them, and I should have it next week.

-Mark

Back