• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Had to rent this when visiting Indiana

Gorgeous. I love the color.
Maybe it's my screen, but that color doesn't look like any of the currently available colors as seen on my screen when looking at the Ford site. Is that Kona Blue?

Gorgeous. I love the color.
Maybe it's my screen, but that color doesn't look like any of the currently available colors as seen on my screen when looking at the Ford site. Is that Kona Blue?
Yes Kona Blue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My wife likes the Challenger, I wish they made a convertible version of it.

When we went to Cali to do the coast drive up to the red woods we rented a mustang convertible but it wasn't a GT. At first they tried to give us a VW eos. I told them I'd wait until a mustang was returned.
b180d71eac09b69414ba33ca6ec82610.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I ordered mine from Cedar City Ford in Cedar City Utah. I paid under sticker.

I drove the Recaro seats and the leather. Since the Recaro seats are not available in power and in my opinion are not as comfortable I ordered the power leather.

This is the single best car purchase I've ever made. Ordering was very cool.

We took it to a friend's body shop and had the stripe added and installed hood struts, fourth brake light, oil catch cans from Ford, tinted windows and clear bra.

Next weekend if the weather holds I will wake it up from it's hibernation and drive it around.

I might sell my 67 since I literally never drive it now.

Mel

My 07 is a nice ride too, but now my work F150 has the sync and buttons on the steering wheel. So when I am driving my 07 I look at the steering wheel to change the volume. :confused: I see downsizing and upgrading in the future. Just hope that Ford keeps stuffing a V8 in the Mustang and the idiot govonar does not ban fossil fuels and allow only electric powered. {.}

fd

My ops lead and trainer rented these this week. Both scat pack. Took a ride in both today. Mother of god....I've never been in something so hatefully fast.
And now I want a challenger.
556c92d87275e968842cf837fc7009df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jamie you need to get out more. Those are powerful but fat and heavy cars. They claim the Challenger can do sub 12 sec quarters but all I have seen is them running upper mid to high 12's at best in stock form. The newer Mustangs blown them away.

Oh, I know they're big girls, but they still ain't slow. Hell of a lot faster than the truck I'm used to. They offered to let me drive, but my vision issues make me hesitant to drive other people's cars, even of it's a rental.

You can go just as fast in relation to your wallet. Everything else is just personal taste. I like the Challenger better than the Camaro in looks. The Mustang is just different since it no longer is paying any resemblance to the classics. Really would like Fiat to make a Cuda version but they will probably just change the name when Challenger sales start to drop.

My ops lead and trainer rented these this week. Both scat pack. Took a ride in both today. Mother of god....I've never been in something so hatefully fast.
And now I want a challenger.
556c92d87275e968842cf837fc7009df.jpg

Been four months since I had Shelby time. I can tell I've been grumpy. Now all is well.

This car is so scary fast.

Ignore the Camaro, it's a weak sauce v6.
I like the mopars more than the mustang, simply because I'm a sucker for big comfy cars. That's not to say I'd drive the absolute piss out of a mustang though.

As someone who had and then sold a classic in favor of something new more than once I can tell you most come to regret it to a degree. Our classics require us to actually "drive" them. We are a part of the car in a way that never happens in a modern car. The rawness and smells affect all the senses in a very special way that cannot be replicated. And did I mention how much cooler they are than any new one?

As someone who had and then sold a classic in favor of something new more than once I can tell you most come to regret it to a degree. Our classics require us to actually "drive" them. We are a part of the car in a way that never happens in a modern car. The rawness and smells affect all the senses in a very special way that cannot be replicated. And did I mention how much cooler they are than any new one?
You are right and I too have been down this road before. We'll just have to see where it takes me.

Mel

The rawness and smells affect all the senses in a very special way that cannot be replicated. And did I mention how much cooler they are than any new one?
So True. I like driving to work in my 2018 F-150 with all the creature comforts. But love driving my '70 on good weekends (like now ) and some times to work even knowing she could always let me down . But WTF. I love it.

Last edited:
I've reserved a sports car to drive in Phoenix in June, from the comments here I'm guessing the Challenger would be most comfortable for a 6'5" driver. Anybody have any input regarding the roominess of the Challenger vs Camaro vs Mustang?

Challenger is the car for you. Plenty of room. Camaro has you sitting deep down into it much like a Corvette. The shifter seems to sit up around your shoulder. Very Awkward. Also extremely difficult to see out of in many directions. The mustang works too but not as roomy as the Challenger. It kind of fits you into the cockpit, if you will.

I've reserved a sports car to drive in Phoenix in June, from the comments here I'm guessing the Challenger would be most comfortable for a 6'5" driver. Anybody have any input regarding the roominess of the Challenger vs Camaro vs Mustang?
My Shelby has great leg room. At 6' I have to move the seat up.

Mel

Back