• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How did you pick your Mustangs color?

I've already picked the color, but haven't even finished the car. 68 coupe, blacked out tail panel and hood, no chrome as all the shiny bits will be black. Here's what I'm thinking on color, just a tad lighter though.

"Gigantopithecus" said:
I've already picked the color, but haven't even finished the car. 68 coupe, blacked out tail panel and hood, no chrome as all the shiny bits will be black. Here's what I'm thinking on color, just a tad lighter though.

You have a Mustang? :craz

"Gigantopithecus" said:

Like this?

Took this pic in Oklahoma. The car is actually less orange than it appears in the pic. Kinda like a new penny.

"Sluggo" said:
Like this?

Took this pic in Oklahoma. The car is actually less orange than it appears in the pic. Kinda like a new penny.

THAT is a gorgeous car! I love that color. Very unique.

thats really close to what i'm using on the 36 p/u. heres the bike parts i painted:
stevesstuff337.jpg

stevesstuff336.jpg

"Sluggo" said:
Like this?

That's pretty much what I'm looking at, just have to decide on a certain shade.

And yes, I have a mustang, suck it haters. :bird

no, thats the R-12 (i think, without looking @ the code on the can) that was used on the murano. it has a little more of a reddish tint compared to the sunset on the 350Z

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
thats really close to what i'm using on the 36 p/u. heres the bike parts i painted:

That's a nice color!

All my vehicles have always been plain boring colors. Nothing eye catching. Come to think of it, most of my vehicles have been white. My Eclipse was white, F150 truck was white, my minivan was white, my sebring conv is white. Maybe I should stick with my trend and just go white on the mustang or grow some balls and go all out and get a color I normally wouldn't think of doing. :lol

I either wanted a shade of yellow like Sluggo's, but went with the orange instead, from www.Eastwood.com (Huggin orange). It's a single stage paint. My only regret is I was limited to the interior colors I could go with and since my seats were already black, the interior paint wound up being black. I like stangs with the lighter color interiors, looks more roomy and easier to clean, or looks cleaner longer. The seats that I have that you were interested in, that I've decided to keep I'll probably recover and have vinyl piping that will match the exterior of my stang ~ just a nice accent, and perhaps the center of my console to be Huggin orange as well. No hurry though~ it's been too hot to do anything!
You've got time to think about the color that you'd like/want.
dne'

IMG_8574f.jpg

Green is my favorite color and I loved this car from the moment I set eyes on it back in 1984. Too me it will always be the only color that works on this car. It is not a true lime gold as it has a ton of silver in it. The car is a real chameleon in different light and for me it just works. It is in the process of getting re-painted as this is typed and I must admit I thought long and hard about changing it to highland green, but then it just wouldn't be my car.

DSCF1943.jpg

stangnewwheels-1.jpg

FTImustangpics004.jpg

JPBRANDNEW028.jpg

DSCF4902.jpg

grrrrr.jpg

This is how she looks now.

DSCF2089.jpg

My next one will be a track car in hot rod black.

Last edited by a moderator:
keep us posted over here as to the progress of the repairs. by the way, do you realize every pic of the car you posted above has a different set of wheels on it?? :lol

"68fastwilliams" said:
Green is my favorite color and I loved this car from the moment I set eyes on it back in 1984. Too me it will always be the only color that works on this car. It is not a true lime gold as it has a ton of silver in it. The car is a real chameleon in different light and for me it just works. It is in the process of getting re-painted as this is typed and I must admit I thought long and hard about changing it to highland green, but then it just wouldn't be my car.

This is how she looks now.
DSCF2089.jpg

Nice to see that you're close to getting your car back on the road again, and welcome to the Fix.

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
keep us posted over here as to the progress of the repairs. by the way, do you realize every pic of the car you posted above has a different set of wheels on it?? :lol
I was going to say the same thing.... How many sets of wheels do you own.....

"Sluggo" said:
Is that 03 Nissan 350Z Lemans Sunset?

Your Nissan reference reminded me that I chose a Nissan color when I painted my Jeep. I'd seen it on a local Pathfinder and thought it would look good on the Jeep. It was a single stage urethane job that came out great for a vehicle that get's washed by the rain.

Last_Jeep_Project_fall_04-1.jpg

"AzPete" said:
So, Dave is a closet GO guy........ :scar

I like to think of it more as a Harley Orange. I painted it 5-6 years ago, long before the recent GO craze hit our Mustang brethren.

Back