• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Is this the future for our hobby/ sport?

Not for me. The whole draw to old school cars is their rawness. The smell of too much fuel. The shakes and rattles of a fifty year old body as the old flat tappet cam lopes so slow it almost kills the engine. That's my world.

The current state of technology has also killed that old love of drag/street racing. Getting 1000 h.p. out of what is a basically a modern small block is nothing anymore. There are a gazillion 1000 h.p. daily drivers out there now. So mild mannered you could take grandma to church in them. The guy behind the wheel likely not enough of a mechanic to even change the oil himself.

Seeing a high end Tesla destroy what would have been an old school god muscle car back in the day at the drag strip is just sad.

The instant torque of the new breed of electric cars is nice I guess, but I still prefer a loud ass rumbly old jalopy myself.

I did have an electric mustang for a few years, but then my daughter out grew it.
be4a6a2bcd034a04aa349bdef35f633c.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't like those new smelly things. Always belching and smoking. Give me the nice winney and some road apples for the garden....what? Time moves on? What, no not for me. I stuck in my mind and that's where I'll stay!:mad::p:p:p:p:p

The instant torque of the new breed of electric cars is nice I guess, but I still prefer a loud ass rumbly old jalopy myself.

I did have an electric mustang for a few years, but then my daughter out grew it.
be4a6a2bcd034a04aa349bdef35f633c.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

well it is about your speed.:p

Its a pitty that young guys love to see old mustangs but don't have the capability to work on them or spent the money on them cause their interest is more into electronic things like games ect ect.
In fact those younger guys are a bit soft at the least nowedays. In my younger days I got a kick in the a$$ from my dad when I did something wrong when I had to help him out .
Todays kids get a gentle correction ....by mom !!! Dad has to stay out of it to keep the peace in the household.
IMHO !!!!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Agree Bruno, but I'm not sure they are lazy, most just don't know or never bothered to learn. Don't know what its like over there but In Oz, we say the kids fragile, if you yell, they cry, if the Instagram isn't working they cry, if someone looks at them the wrong way they cry.

Pretty cool with what the guy did to hide an electric motor though. I know its not the same, but it would look it.

They are just spoiled....by mom...at least in my case.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Now children...play nice. Or I'll give you something to cry about. That's how I handle it. :p

Back