• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Johnny M - E-car build tread

And the PITA award goes to Scott Drake for selling these as a single item instead of a pack of three...especially when you need 3 for a build.

Screw you Scott Drake I made my own...
zete2e6y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"mustangstofear" said:
Those look like the brackets that hold down you heater control cables. Didn't you know you needed 3 of them before you ordered LOL.

Yea, I ordered them thinking that I would get a set of 3.

Making a lot of progress...will have a big update soon.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373320587.818215.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373320587.818215.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 179
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373320613.867302.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373320613.867302.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 171
So here is a small update......I have been putting in big hours on the Stang and it is finally paying off. My white board of "things to do" is getting smaller and smaller. The intake problem set me back by a few weeks which sucks. I have hardly taken any progress pics as i am just focused on getting it done.

The major things left to do.

Electrics - All electrical systems are now connected and working. Stereo/speakers are 60% installed. Alarm/tracker need to be installed. Test everything then tidy cables.
Interior - Install Seats, glove box, trap door.
Exterior - Polish, front/rear window chromes, Put wings/bonnet/nose back on.
Running gear - Bleed brakes, clutch and steering. Check all bolts. Alignment.

Tonight we plan to bleed the brakes, clutch, steering rack and test the running gear on the stands. If all goes well and there are no problems then take it for a very short test drive early next week. If that goes well then i plan to put it on a trailer and take it to my local wheel alignment shop(he is a mustang fan also). Once alignment is done then another short test drive. Check, tighten, test drive, etc.

If i am happy with everything then the wings, hood and front nose will go back on. My paint guy will come out do a full machine polish. Then it is getting full detailing/paint protection. Then puts badges, stripes and plates on it.

Best case i should be driving in 2-2.5 weeks....worst case 3-4 weeks.

Dont get your final wheel alignment with all the front panels missing.
When you add that weight it will go all cockeyed on you.

On her maiden voyage after 6 years. I finally got to drive my mustang. My nerves were shot! She got down to the end of the avenue and all the way back. Now it's time for fine tuning and get the front back on her. (I know I promised a video but this pic was my dads attempt at taking a video

Back