• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Just officially set my retirement date.

It took me over a year to pick a date. The thought of of no longer getting a paycheck was the scariest thing to get over.
Same here. Neither my wife nor I will have insurance if we both retire. She works part time (3 days/week) and can cover me on her insurance if I retire. She really likes her job and just isn't ready to retire. We're both 59. So the plan is I am going to retire (any day), go on her insurance, and she will retire in a year or so. This will help us with Marketplace insurance also when we have to get it.

Same here. Neither my wife nor I will have insurance if we both retire. She works part time (3 days/week) and can cover me on her insurance if I retire. She really likes her job and just isn't ready to retire. We're both 59. So the plan is I am going to retire (any day), go on her insurance, and she will retire in a year or so. This will help us with Marketplace insurance also when we have to get it.
Insurance keeps most of us working past when we want to. Unfortunately the monthly cost has risen so high it becomes a huge portion of your monthly budget.

Back