• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Kats Project

These are temporary and routed like the previous owner had them except less rubber hose. Once I swap radiators, it will all be redone but for now it just needs hooked back up so it can be driven to the car show.

What ends do you have on your plug wires? I may have a brand new set of Ford Racing wires in the garage you can have if they will work for you. I'll check when I get home

"Fast68back" said:
What ends do you have on your plug wires? I may have a brand new set of Ford Racing wires in the garage you can have if they will work for you. I'll check when I get home

Red ones? LOL The ends that plug to the spark plug = 3 90* ones and 1 straight one. The ones on there now are the Accel 8.8

a6cd0b32-1d1a-13d3.jpg

So, they are MSD street fire wires, in a Ford Racing box. I remember why i swapped them now that i look at them.

a6cd0b32-1d9e-99c9.jpg

I couldnt use the straight ends with my headers. If you can use them shoot me an address and i'll get them in the mail.

Sure hope the board resizes these...

I believe the factory tranny cooler lines ran up in the area of the oil pan bolts/bottom of the block. Those are just waiting to get ripped off at the first bump. Getting them to the front of the radiator is a trick too. Most run like you did but I would go for something thru the rad. support wall since you are doing them new.

Also, why not do them once the correct way....don't rush or things will go bad.

Things will eventually all get changed, but for now.... well it's not costing me anything to reuse the parts that were already on the car. I know it ran fine as it was before I took everything apart so I know it works. May not have been the best way of doing somethings, but unless I win the lottery.. it will have to do for now. And right now, all that matters is it can be driven. It HAS to be able to drive half a mile to the park where we're holding the car show. If I don't drive it in. I will be ridiculed by all the chebbie owners (which is 99% of the club). If I have it towed there, oh hell... that will make the 'pick on Kat and her Ford' worse. LOL

Just push it into the show...you'll get the sympathy vote for sure!

pfft club members cars are not voted on. Pushing it there will only lead to more harrassing phone calls. lol I get a phone call once every couple of weeks from one guy who works down the road from me, "I see you pushed your mustang[nb]my white GT[/nb] to work again... doesn't that get tiring?"

:bomb

You have no idea what it's like to be (1) The only female (2) that owns Mustangs in a club with men who all own Chebbie's!! :rant

:yah :yah :yah

Gertrude has new plates and she can now be on the road legally!!

Attachments

• 317461_2399578356242_1454543721_2614175_1390777092_n.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 11
That's cool.

Are the Texas Antique vehicle plates like out here in the PRK, where you can only drive it in parades and club functions, and not as a normal driver?

Yes, the antique plates have driving restrictions. Parades, Car events (shows, meets, cruise ins, etc), to and from mechanics/body shops. Can't be used as every day driver.

The plate is good for 5 years at a time. No inspection or registration stickers. I paid $30 for the plate since it's already a couple years into the 5yr period.

What she looks like as of Oct 9th.
Almost.jpg

Besides the wiring issue, I'm having a headlight issue as well. Drivers side... good to go. Passenger side, not so much.
How do these little adjuster screw things stay in the spot where they are suppose to? I don't get it. :shrug I'd take the other side that's together apart, but scared something might break and not go back together. lol

IMG_4990.jpg

IMG_4993.jpg

IMG_4991.jpg

IMG_4992.jpg

Somehow those screws fit and stay in the bucket, but when I look at new bucket assemblies, it doesn't show them installed.
65-66_HEADLAMP_BUCKETT_ASSEMBLY_RH.jpg

Looks like the one side is broken yet somehow the headlight bucket stayed in there and so did the headlight because it was all together when I got Gertrude. :confu
IMG_4119.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kat the bad news is the right side bucket assembly is indeed broken, pretty good too. Judging from your pics it appears the upper adjusting screw was epoxied to hold it in. It also appears the "tower" (for lack of better wording), on the lower left bottom of your pic is broken off. This would be where one of the screws goes which holds on the headlight door. None of these areas are repaired with the installation of a headlight bucket repair kit (just in case you were considering trying one).

The "good" news is that IMHO nice right side headlight assemblies are easier to find (at a reasonable price) than left side. I've been looking on Ebay for a nicer left side for my car than what I currently have. All I'm able to find are expensive lefts, or cheap rights! I also have several sets, all the lefts have something wrong with them! I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I have a spare right.

I can see that would sooooo break your heart! :sarc LOL

I checked to see what I had. I thought I had some spare right side buckets, but all I have is two spare lefts...and they're broken in one way or another! :rant

Kat..is your engine sitting level ?? It looks like it drops to the right (by looking at the air cleaner) :shrug

Almost.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back