• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Last weekends farm work

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Finally got the change to do a few chores.

Pull the zero trun out of one of the barns, It had not been used in a couple years. Needed a new battery and cleaned 2 years of dust off of it. Mowed around the barns to make sure everything worked.

Wash1.jpg

Put a new starter into the John Deere so Julie could mow.
Wash2.jpg

Julie mowed about 5 acres.

Pasture1.jpg

Started getting a wall section ready to become the air tool work and storage area. All in all, a real productive weekend.

Does not take long for the weeds and tree to take over. I have a little over 72 acres. The cattle usally keep the grass down but this year being real wet, there has been more grass they they can eat.

Another pasture, just mowed 3 weeks ago and now it needs it again.

Pasture.jpg

It's always good to have the wife do the mowing while you sit back and have a cold one!

Unfortunately, there is hardly time to sit back and have a cold one with farm chores to done, it's never ending. I currently have a tree across 2 pasture fences.
DeadTree.jpg

I see some goats in your future.
We have a small heard of goats, they are my mom,s. When she can no longer take care of them, they are gone. They are too much work.

There is also some weeds that even the goats do not like, you will always have to mow.

Already did my work for the weekend, went Friday to take a calf to the sale barn. Calf.jpg Julie mowed again.
Mowing 3.jpg

Only thing is that she backed into a tree and bent the wheel of the tractor, Oh well, something else to fix. Hopefully today, we do not break anything.

Bent Wheel.jpg

fall is the time for mowing, Julie did a couple more pastures.
PastureMowed.jpg

She did have a bolt bust on the mower. Got to go pick up a couple this week.

MowerBrokenBolt.jpg

Back