• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Let's see your "Mustang" work area..aka garage pics

"68EFIvert" said:
The garage will be 31'x43' and the ceiling will be a smidge over 12'. A 2 post lift is in the plan. Maybe not right away but should be in there within the first year. :yah

Make sure you verify your slab thickness for the support of the lift.

I have already spoken to the builder to put 6" of concrete in the area of the garage where the lift will be. I think I will also go down to HD and purchase some of that metal mesh for concrete work. Last thing I want to deal with is cracking concrete. The next thing I have to plan is how much lighting and where to put it. I think I will setup the lights on multiple switches. The back part of the garage will be for car fabrication and will need much more light than the front. I see that a few of you have already chimed in about lights which is helpful. I'll have to review it once more before we meet with the electrician to tell him where to mount the switches, lights and outlets.

I have 2 240 volt outlet planned already and outlets every 6 feet in the construction area. I have plans for in ceiling speakers that I picked up from Monoprice.com. they sound pretty good but more importantly they wond look as bad as my old Pioneer 16" woofer speakers I have been using. They worked great in college but are an eye sore now.

Not really current photos, but then again not much has changed.
Built as attachment to house in 2001 replacing a single carport.
Now houses 7 stangs. One or two must be moved out whenever a project is going on.
Measures 24 ft. wide, 45 ft deep. Has 24 ft x 18 ft. loft.
Highest ceiling is 22 ft.
We live on a corner so has a double wide door in front and a single 16ft high door on the side.
Big cathedral windows on both ends, four sky lights provide a lot of illumination.
Heated with a 75,000 BTU Hot Dawg.
J.

Attachments

• IMGP0165.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMGP0170.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMGP0171.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 166
  • IMGP0173.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMGP0181.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 59
"68EFIvert" said:
I have 2 240 volt outlet planned already and outlets every 6 feet in the construction area.

OK hope I can explain how I wired mine so that you can understand. I put outlets every six feet around the perimeter of the shop. However every other outlet is on a different circuit, it uses two 20A circuits, yes it costs more to do this way because it uses more wire. Thought behind this is that if you have someone helping you and you are doing multiple tasks there is less chance of overloading the circuit. I am pleased with it, only change I would make is installing duplex boxes instead of the singles. Also run a separate circuit for your air compressor 110/220V, furnace (if desired), and AC (220V)

Mine before
IMG_0373.jpg

And after:
sho002-1.jpg

sho003-1.jpg

While babysitting my friend's 67
X005-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a workshop! With all of those cars you almost need a separate space just to store cars.

"Epperstang" said:
Not really current photos, but then again not much has changed.
Built as attachment to house in 2001 replacing a single carport.
Now houses 7 stangs. One or two must be moved out whenever a project is going on.
Measures 24 ft. wide, 45 ft deep. Has 24 ft x 18 ft. loft.
Highest ceiling is 22 ft.
We live on a corner so has a double wide door in front and a single 16ft high door on the side.
Big cathedral windows on both ends, four sky lights provide a lot of illumination.
Heated with a 75,000 BTU Hot Dawg.
J.

Here is my space when I was cleaning it out prior to painting the floor.
IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the most important room in the house.
Looks huge! Very nice.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

"GT350" said:
not much but its all i have

june2005my67031.jpg

Well its small , but it has alot of character/ personellity and its very cousy !!
And a very very nice project IYAM.

Back