• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mercury Bobcat wagon

I don't Facebook so I can't see it.
I don't think anyone can see it!
Sorry I do not know how to post a video. this site won't let me upload a video and obviously Facebook isn't a video hosting site!
but it is a great video! trust me!!!

the 69 Shifter base is too big to fit in the factory hole in the floor. Right now we have a vice grip clamped on the rod that goes to the trans. It's poking up through the hole. I think my 67 shifter might be smaller than the 69 but I'm not ready to take my 67 apart yet!

That is very cool. I bet he had a smile a mile wide with the first startup and drive!
yeah, he wanted to drive it all over town! On our first try to start it, I had put the distributor in at TDC and it was sluggish and sounding a little funny thru the open header. It needed some advance but we couldn't rotate the distributor enough so I had to pull it and move it over a tooth. He was looking a little worried but after that it fired right up and ran really smooth. He couldn't put all the tools away fast enough to be able to pull it out of the garage go around the block.

yeah, he wanted to drive it all over town! On our first try to start it, I had put the distributor in at TDC and it was sluggish and sounding a little funny thru the open header. It needed some advance but we couldn't rotate the distributor enough so I had to pull it and move it over a tooth. He was looking a little worried but after that it fired right up and ran really smooth. He couldn't put all the tools away fast enough to be able to pull it out of the garage go around the block.
I remember that feeling! Good job Dad.

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Hard to imagine that nice lady we met getting mad at you!
lol, she is pretty tolerant but I have found her limits!
Your son put tools away?!?
The next time my son puts a tool away will be the first time!
Good job!
yeah, well he doesn't get too carried away. They are generally located on the work bench. I usually follw behind him and say, "is that where you found it?"

yeah, well he doesn't get too carried away. They are generally located on the work bench. I usually follw behind him and say, "is that where you found it?"

My son and his friends learned from an early age, if they want to use the tools they get cleaned and put back right where they were found. My dad taught me that and I have followed suit. The last thing I want to do when I need a tool is to go searching for it....and I hate grabbing a tool and finding it greasy.

Back