• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mini me, first FB to Coupe conversion?

"Fast68back" said:
Looks like you will finally get a stick too
stick?

"70_Fastback" said:
That looks kick arse! Interesting about the brazing though.

Paint and body work next??
yeah, I also need to get a 1:18 scale 67 Shelby for the upper/lower grille and tail light panel (I may just use the Cali Special gas cap and add it to the Eleanor panel). I'm also looking for anything with Torq Thrust type wheels so if you see something, let me know...

"tarafied1" said:

Is that not 3 pedals?

index.php

ahhhhhh, stick! yes! yes! If only it was that easy! I do have to modify the coupe interior, it was an auto console...

hey, I got your car too...

That is coming along nicely. Could you cut the trunk lids in half and use the eleanors back half to match the spoiler?

My Boss: "Can you convert a Fastback into a Coupe?"

Me: "Sure thing!"

Boss: "Are you qualified to do such a thing?"

Me: "No, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

took Rick's advise, I'm working on the mini me in the hotel!
72_24_02_10_5_56_50.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't done anything more exciting but I did find a Corvette with TTII wheels at a resale shop for $7...
it was Pro-Street so the rear tires are too big but the front look about right. I need to slam the front though...
index.php

index.php

Craig, how do I take these metal models apart? I took the screws out I could reach but see there are at least 2 more in the rear tire wells blocked by the tires. It feels like the wheels are going to snap off if I pry them. Should I just drill out the chassis/exhaust 'plugs' of plastic that hold them one and glue it back when done?
I want to disassemble and paint the shell/interior to match my red on red.
IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

I'm not worried about how the underneath looks when done, just want it to look like my car sitting on the shelf.
I'm also looking for a set of TT D's to match my car, guess I'll have to go find some hobby shops and see if they sell spares or used swaps if i can figure out how to get these off.
Jon

Jon, where did you find the 67 coupe. I've been looking for one for a long time. I would like to paint it to match the 67. I would have to fill the hood since we do not have the turn signal hood.

Mel

Check out micromark.com. They sell modeling tools and equipment. You can get the stuff to cast small metal parts. You could make clay or wax versions of parts that you need, make rtv silicone molds with mold compounds from micromark and cast your own transition parts. You can also cast parts in plastic with materials from them. The also have all kinds of fillers, surface prep materials and scale paints.

Jon,
The front wheels on most 1/18th have screws in the back side of the hub that hold the front on. My E-car and the Vette have a metal rear axle but the GT/CS I cut up had plastic "snap-on" wheels. In either case I just pulled evenly on the rear and they came off.
There is a company called GMP that sells scale goodies including wheels & tires. Here is a set that might work for you... http://www.gmpdiecast.com/products/details.cfm?ProductNumber=G1800161&category=Tire%20Sets

Thanks Craig, I'll keep an eye on that site, looks like they're out of stock right now, they have a set of Shelby 10 spokes with track tires too but out of stock. I'll take a close look at the front tires and give the rears another even pull and hope.

Thanks Kev, I'll try Micromark too, hey isn't that Marks nickname his wife gave him?

Mel, if I remember correctly I found it at ToysRUS, the box says www.greenlightcollectibles.com but I don't see it on their website. They also had a '67 or '68 GT/CS I think. They were ~$35-$40 I think, check your local stores, they may still have them. I can look locally too if you like just PM me.
Jon

I read this and we started a die cast project as well. We took a Dub City GT500 and are making the CR body kit. Its not easy. Cory started with 40/40 and then we are shaving it down. Ill post pics today
:hijacked :nta Sorry

Back