• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mirror mirror on your car

Show 'em to me guys. I need to order mirror(s) for the mustang soon, lets see what you have and tell me what you think of them. doors are blank canvas so I can go with anything.......

Do something different. Use cameras and mount a screen in the dash. 8)

Check out each item you think you want. I have seen a lot of mirrors that did not work but are mounted. These old Mustangs are hard to get the right exterior look and still be functional.

I'm kinda likin the black chrome ones that streetortrack offers

C7AZ-17696-AB.jpg

lauire you can't open your vent windows with those right?

Yes, I can open them.

But you can't open them all the way can you? The '70 mirrors sure look great on the 67-68 cars.

I'll bring the camera out to the shop tonight and take pictures of a couple different installed mirrors for you.

"daveSanborn" said:
lauire you can't open your vent windows with those right?

Yes, I can open them.

But you can't open them all the way can you? The '70 mirrors sure look great on the 67-68 cars.

I'll bring the camera out to the shop tonight and take pictures of a couple different installed mirrors for you.

I can open them more than halfway. They're mounted in the stock 68 location. You can move them ahead slightly, then the vent windows could be fully opened. I have no need to open the vents ever.

Not me. I might lower the windows on the Mustang occasionally for driving back from a local show, but I much prefer to use the a/c. I see no need to open the vents at all. No one is allowed to smoke in any of my vehicles, so they sure won't be opened for that. My Mustangs aren't my daily drivers. I don't drive with my windows down on my truck, either. I hate the noise and smells, and it's darn hot here much of the time.

Rick,

Here are some "bullet style" mirrors installed on my sons '68. The mirror base will NOT cover the factory holes, you'll have to weld them closed. PITA I know, because we had to do it.... after the car was already painted. The mirrors mounted in this location allows the wing windows to fully open.

001-20.jpg

002-21.jpg

003-17.jpg

Here is a cheaper alternative on my '66. I forget what these mirrors are called, but they're sold thru Branda and NPD among others as a "Shelby style" mirror. Again, the small base of the mirrors will not cover the existing factory holes in the top of the door. The wing windows fully open, but in order to do so, I had to mount the mirror further aft than I would have liked. Mounting them this far aft means that you'll have to tilt your head to the side a little to actually see behind you in the mirror. Functional, but barely. I could have mounted these forward of the wing window pivot point, but it just didn't look "right" having the mirror so far forward on the door. This location to me was the lesser of two evils.

004-14.jpg

005-15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dave. I was undecided on mirrors so the body guy filled the holes before paint. I like your sons mirrors. Are the ones on your car the ones that have to moved from outside the car and the set screw keeps them in place? Your sons aren't like that, are they?

Are the ones on your car the ones that have to moved from outside the car and the set screw keeps them in place?[qoute]

Yes.

Your sons aren't like that, are they?

No, his mirrors "swivel" through a wider range and there's no set screw. They are not "remote" mirrors though.... His mirrors are prolly 10 times nicer than mine. Much nicer quality, but the price was kinda high.... $125 each?

I am using the same mirrors as Dave's son's car. Nice mirrors but had to see out of the passenger side. They almost don't rotate inward enough.

Back