• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Modified 1968 Coupe

Because of working on customers cars I don't have a lot of time to work on my projects but we have gotten a few things done.

My son Brian, Steve Baur (former Modified Mustangs & Fords editor) and Buddy installing a Ron Morris EFI fuel pump and lines for a story that was featured in the magazine.

The fuel lines and filter are attached to the subframe connector

They go through the torque box and into the engine compartment

Thanks. In trying to get my efi done and that looks easier to work with.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I forgot to show this but awhile back Mark Houlahan came by the shop to help us install the Ron Francis wiring harness for the SOHC Mod motor.

DSCN6170_zpsaa5804c7.jpg

DSCN6171_zps53186c2f.jpg

We are not finished under the hood

DSCN6173_zpsc49a0ca9.jpg

Brian was helping Mark

DSCN6188_zps2e237c1c.jpg

Takes a lot of wires to run a modern engine

DSCN6189_zpsc9dc5c4a.jpg

DSCN6191_zps06a744e3.jpg

Every wire is numbered so you can't make a mistake if you hook it up to the same number on the control panel that is plugged into the stock Ford computer.

John: it's people like you that I like!

BTW, when one goes aftermarket for wiring, it is a must to have the car in hand to measure and install the wiring. I get a lot of requests for extensive modifications to stock harnesses, but without the car available to measure and fit things to make them nice and neat, I have to decline that type of business.

Brian and I were trying to figure out what we were going to do to cover up all the wires in the trunk and we found out about Mustang to Fear's trunk kit for the coupe. At the time we inquired they only had one made for the Eleanor style taillights. Rich said he was going to make one for the stock taillights and we also received the first gas filler neck cover.

DSCN9627_zpslaqvd0pz.jpg

DSCN9672_zpskfopjnj5.jpg

We still have to make a bracket to mount the computer and control panel behind the the Mustang to Fear trunk panel kit.

You can read all about the install How to Finish Off Your 1967-1968 Mustang?s Trunk

I decided to mount the wiring behind the seat on the plywood board that came with the Mustangs to Fear trunk kit.

wiring3_zpslbwixdun.jpg

I replaced the coil packs and plug wires but still have a lot to do under the hood.

engine2_zpsnxmhcywf.jpg

We installed the Dakota Digital gauges awhile back but I never did get a photo. Now I need to get a battery installed in the trunk so I can see them in color!

DSCN3811_zpsjtyo57ar.jpg

DSCN3813_zpsf4cowpvs.jpg

Is that a pre-99 engine? It doesn't have the coil on plug set-up. The 99 and later had PI heads which were supposed to be better. The coil-on-plug set-up would be more tidy too I would think. It looks great, I am not nit picking, just curious
engine2_zpsnxmhcywf.jpg

Back