• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

More ice and snow...Yippeeeeeee

"silverblueBP" said:
I thought I'd take the Fucos with the newest studded tires out to get the mail just before dark. I made it 3 feet outside the garage and that was it. The snow was piled so high the car bottomed out. Had to really work at it to free it up just to back it right back into the garage! I said F it and will fire up the tractor tomorrow if the wind stops blowing.

Anybody wanna come shovel my drive? It's only a 1/4 mile long. Winds out of the north and the drive runs east-west.......do the math. Man I love winter.

I have a snowblower you can use - but you'll have to pick it up here in Vegas. I kept it to remind me of why I don't "live out there" anymore. It has baked in the sun for the last 4 years, strapped to the deck of my carhauler. No locals here know what it is, but it's good for conversation... :confu My folks used to live in McPherson, but they retired to Nevada.

Thanks but I've got it covered. The tractor's in the barn, bucket on the front and a blade on the rear. I was going to get a PTO powered snow blower for the tractor but thought that 2 years in row of heavy snow was not realistic.

Wrong

Damn Algore and global warming.

Ok you northern folks can have you freaking cold weather back now!!! :rant

omgje.jpg

Over the next two nights, we will likely see the coldest temperatures we've had in the Brazos Valley since 1989. And to top it off, snow is in the forecast.

Rolling power outages will take place in the Brazos Valley and throughout Texas Wednesday unless a power emergency ends.

Last edited by a moderator:
"silverblueBP" said:
Now

4 *F
Feels Like -14 *F
Clear
Wind(mph) - 14

Wimps

Yes.. I am a wimp. That's why I live in Texas. I can deal with heat. Cold.. NO WAY!

Fun part... the dogs water bowl turned into a giant ice cube! :thu

Attachments

• poordogs.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 69
  • icecube.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 68
If it's so cold, how come I'm soaked with sweat?

Oh yeah, could be from spending the last 3-1/2 hours shoveling the driveway... :rant

Come on, spring!

Took the day off but still have to be on a conference call at 1:30.

Just got in from being out moving snow since 8:30 this morning.

Several of my neighbors were out so we teamed up and got a lot of the drives done. Two of us have snow blowers so that helped.

My drive was two foot deep for about 30 feet in length. Several others were worse.

Firetrucks came rolling into the neighborhood this morning to put out a burning Mercedes. They just pried open the hood and shoveled snow on it to put it out. It is fried. It looked like a beater anyway.

Yes Jeremy, I helped my neighbors out with my snow blower.

We were supposed to get that blizzard last night. It was supposed to be the worst storm in the last 18 years.

All we got was 14 inches. It was worse in December :)

Went outside to clear the drive, thankfull it was only piled up near the house. Only 3' at the deepest point! The sub zero wind chill gave me a headache.

SnowDay222011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Something tells me your temp gauge is off! It's only -4 here.

Pretty cool....wonder why they never caught on...Midlife, can you tell us why they didn't sell?

My step Mom and Dad went to my house to help out while I am down. they have great timing. Snowed again and they brought their little whippet dog. They let her out to do her business and let's just say the poor thing spends just enough time to crap and run back inside. while my dog on the other hand walks around to find the perfect spot roles around in the snow and then does her thing and then wants in.

It has been warm here in the hospital, but only 3 degrees outside in the good old SLC area!

Joyce in the paradise of Park City has been hammered, but they make loads of cash on it.

Mel

"Kats66Pny" said:
It snowed last night! Only about an inch though. Schools all over are closed today. :pbj

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.........schools closed ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Well I got my Volvo stuck in a drift last night! I was coming home from work around 10 pm and the wind was really bad. It was about 10 below with the wind chill. The street coming into my subdivision was drifted over. Stupid me I thought I could get through. Half way through, and stuck!
So I walked home. About 2 blocks. Got the jeep and a shovel and dragged it out. I tried to get a picture but it was dark.

Man I hate winter.

sent from my HTC Droid using tapatalk.

Back