• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My wife's old car. A '66 coupe restomod-eration

The car will go into the booth dissasembled and all the parts painted at once. The plan at this time is to install the engine after paint.

Still not fully painted. The shop got busy. Hopefully soon. Here are a few updates.

Fuel cell in. Beginning to plan the trunk layout. Spoke to my interior guy and parts collection has begun. Should be able to get busy as soon as Corey hands it over.

Steering column is installed. The wheel on it was only supposed to be a temporary thing until final assembly but it's kind of growing on me. My intention is to install a Flaming river waterfall but I'm not so sure now.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Spoke with my Corey and my interior guy again yesterday. The car should be painted ANY DAY! Corey found a few spots on the rear passenger fender he was not happy with. They are fixed now and the primer is curing again. Once it's done it will be final block and paint. Finally.

The interior guy is going to put together the time schedule for going forward. He will do what he can without getting in the way of the other work. Corey has gotten with the mechanic on the drive train install and wiring. I have an AAW wiring kit so hopefully that will not be too big of a deal. There is a Ride Tech distributor in Baton Rouge who wants to go through the suspension and will install the control system. They want to use the car as a display once it's complete and for a few trade shows. I am soooooo ready for this to be finished. The hardest part is doing all this from so far away. I'm very thankful to have Corey to work with as I have been out of the country for the majority of the build.

image.jpeg Lots of parts ordered. Waiting on things to come together and I'll post an update. Looks like I'll get to go home for a little while so I'll certainly be visiting the car soon. Here is a pic of a low '66 with fat rears that motivates me. I hope my car looks this mean when she's finished.

That is a tough Coupe. There are some pretty mean coupes out there like the Sinister Mustang and the one that Crestonwizzard is building. I hope mine is up there at that level when it's finished.

Thanks for the comments. I love the big tire look myself. When I started the car I wanted to fit the widest tires I could while retaining use of the back seat and not use any flares or modify the exterior of the car. The rear seat will need slight modification but will still fit with these 315's. Any wider and I don't think I could have retained the seat.

Back