• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

one piece headliner

I'll be sure to check them out at Carlisle. What spot will you be in? I'm also giving you a push on the 65-66 coupe liner...

"RyanG85" said:
I'll be sure to check them out at Carlisle. What spot will you be in? I'm also giving you a push on the 65-66 coupe liner...

I will have to check with Michele on the spot, I know it is up by the grandstand, we got 4 spots this year so it will be a lot easier to unload. I'm going to do the overhead console in the 65-66 coupe, it should look pretty tough. I also plan on doing the same interior for the 65-66 fastback like the 67-68. If anyone is needing anything let us know ahead of time and we will save you the freight. Rich.

"RyanG85" said:
I'll pick up a 65 console coupe one at Carlisle..... Better get to work!

You better place your order now for the console, it takes about 2 weeks for me to ship one out. I would need to know what options you want, we are leaving the end of this month. Rich.

You'll have the one piece headliner w/ console ready by Carlisle for a 65 coupe? Whats the price gonna be?

We are suppose to have the 67-68 coupe for the show, we are cutting it close. they are working on the price for me, it will be more because of the extra material for the c-pillar. Rich.

That is correct, once a fastback headliner is done it is a lot easier to do the coupe because the front 3/4 of it is done. I need a 66 coupe headline for my kids car also, I will also be doing them with the built in console.

I can't wait for the 66 coupe one! Maybe it will be done by the time I get to start on the interior of my mustang. If not, I'm going to drive my mustang with no headliner until the 66 coupe version is available. :steer

"mustangstofear" said:
Kat, it has to get done my kids are putting the pressure on me.
I'm probably worse than your kids..... Sad part is, I'm not ready for it but have to have it.....

"RyanG85" said:
I'm probably worse than your kids..... Sad part is, I'm not ready for it but have to have it.....

Same here! I really really REALLY want one of those headliners, but I'm far from even starting on my interior.

I think it may make my custom headliner easier. If I cut slots in it for the overhead lighting and cover it in the fabric I want, I may be able to save a ton of time and fab work in a cramped space.

So.....I would need a 65 FB one....I will be covering it in blue cloth, so how well do you think it will take to having the material glued to it? Will the oils in the plastic be prohibitive? It needs to be blue cloth, so I am hoping that the plastic will cover well.

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
I think it may make my custom headliner easier. If I cut slots in it for the overhead lighting and cover it in the fabric I want, I may be able to save a ton of time and fab work in a cramped space.

So.....I would need a 65 FB one....I will be covering it in blue cloth, so how well do you think it will take to having the material glued to it? Will the oils in the plastic be prohibitive? It needs to be blue cloth, so I am hoping that the plastic will cover well.

Mel

If a person wanted to cover the headliner it could be done very easily, I think it would be impossible to do the one with the built in headliner because of the tight tolerances of the brushed aluminum. I did have a customer say he was going to do his in leather and that would be even thicker. The headliners can be painted to match, and no worries about any oil if you prep them right before painting. Rich.

Back