• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

"Phoenix" 65 Coupe to FB

Starting to get my prototype for a double din dialed in. Has a long way to go but finally getting close on the dash curviture. I really.love my 3d printer20190503_080156.jpg20190503_080307.jpg

That's a large piece you've made there. Is that from a home printer or are you doing that at work? Watz ya got? I wanna see!

That's a large piece you've made there. Is that from a home printer or are you doing that at work? Watz ya got? I wanna see!
haha, its 3 pieces actually. The side are separate and i have a channel in it to fit the double din piece. Im planning on making it a modular design with replaceable panels.

I have a home printer thats a Tevo Nereus with a print size of 12.5x12.5.15

Been working to get the 73 drivable.

Test drove last weekend and had coolant blow out all over the engine bay with little to no sign of where from other then is being more concentrated on the pass side.

Well today I took it for another test drive with a new radiator cap. I also had to replace the O-Ring on the kick down linkage

1. I apparently tightened the kickdown/o-ring area too much. As the shifter is a struggle to put into gear.

2. SAME issue. After warming up it blows coolant all over and no real idea where from. It appears to be around the passenger side but it doesnt look like it's from the main hose. I'm getting to wonder if the radiator has a hole some where and considering trying some stop leak

3. Also when it gets warm it also starts having the oil light come on when idle so blah. This could also be due to the coolant possibly maybe getting on the sensor

You can't just observe with the engine running and see where the coolant is "blowing out" from? I am guessing you have a serious leak between the intake and the head on the passenger side. Don't just dump in something to cause clogging in the coolant system. Clean things up and then fire it up and find the leak.

Nope...I've tried...I see no leak but the concentration is on the radiator itself on the front passenger side and on the other radiator fine in front of it. The main tube doesnt look to be leaking and I verified the hose clamps are tight

Well now you are describing something very different that would seem to be a leaking radiator. Drain it, pull it and take it to be pressure tested. Not a fan of those "sealers". Do it the right way and you can be assured it was fixed properly and not leave you on the side of the road somewhere.

Last edited:
Well now you are describing something very different that would seem to be a leaking radiator. Drain it, pull it and take it to be pressure tested. Not a fan of those "sealers". Do it the right way and you can be assured it was fixed properly and not leave you on the side of the road somewhere.
wells its all over the engine bay but i also have the hood scoops without the block off plates so alot of air is flowing under the hood so im sure that add to the confusion of where its coming from

Well I didnt go rent a pressure tester instead I just blew air into the radiator through the overflow. Instantly coolant started shooting out the passenger side of the radiator. It's by the hose but its not coming from the hose. Its sprays like a mist right out of the top row. Time to order a new radiator

Well i havent updated this thread in awhile!!! The 73 was sold over the summer after a lot of changes and frustrations. I have since bought a 68 coupe which is a decent little driver. Im doing some suspension upgrades on it and side scoops, duck tail.
80960168_10162623308475521_5149708548598398976_o.jpg

On to the 65 though
Ive been working hard to make my own custom for my 65 and its nothing perfect but here it is so far... 3 3/8" and 2 1/6" Gauges
IMG_20200306_103234.jpg

Im also sharing this so if anyone needs it and wants to work on their own they can...

That's a nice looking coupe. Not a fan of the big rear reflectors. Mine are the smaller recessed kind.

What's your plan for the days bezel longterm? Have it made by a company. You mentioned it wouldn't work in it's current form.

That's a nice looking coupe. Not a fan of the big rear reflectors. Mine are the smaller recessed kind.

What's your plan for the days bezel longterm? Have it made by a company. You mentioned it wouldn't work in it's current form.

Its just a matter of printing it in the right material and has a low infill. Its currently printed with cheap PLA which isnt UV resistant and will melt/deform in heat. So i can either print in PETG/ABS and put together or have it printed as a full piece

lol, im bad at updating this thread. I sold the 65 a few months ago, Sold my 68 awhile back, Have basically Building my 69 Sportsroof and enjoying it until the summer ended. Now im going through tons of Bondo and ripping it all apart. Even started a build Series on Youtube. Trying to get it to the Hot Rod Power Tour in June

Back