• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Pitfalls for buying a 2006 Mustang?

blu67

My son is looking at a 2006 V6 to purchase for his first car. 132K miles. $3300. Any pitfalls in this year to look out for? I haven't purchased a used car in a Loooooong time and I've never purchased a late model Mustang. Good car or no?

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
I've never heard or read of anything inherently wrong or bad with them. The 4.0L is pretty well recognized as a solid, reliable engine. Obviously, the previous owner maintenance will have a lot to say about a particular used car.

blu67

I've never heard or read of anything inherently wrong or bad with them. The 4.0L is pretty well recognized as a solid, reliable engine. Obviously, the previous owner maintenance will have a lot to say about a particular used car.
For sure. Hoping to take a look this weekend. Not sure if the insurance company classifies it as a "sports car" and thus has a higher premium but hopefully not.

Midlife

Staff member
Door panels delaminate early on; if the car has been in snowy weather (outside), various welds break due to ice expansion and causes the car to leak terribly. Reports on the web have AC blend doors malfunction and are expensive to repair.