• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Planning on "Getting out more" this year

Yes only day in Ireland but we have been before for 2 weeks so it is what it is.
Today we're anchored off of Falmouth, Cornwall UK. Need to take water shuttle to town. No excursions planned here. Just wander and take it slow. I can do that.
It is amazing how slow you can take it! :D
Sorry to hear about Ireland, but with a trip this long there will be some bumps in the road. Maybe if you had not had the 10 bourbons the would have let you drive and you could have arrived on time!

"I'm a very good driver"
We were on the backside of a low pressure getting to Ireland. Now we're in the high pressure at Falmouth, Cornwall and should have this high 'pun intended' all through our cruise. Let's hope.

Went to Omaha Beach today in Normandy. Visited a museum and walked on the beach. Very sobering. Talked with a local on the beachfront who owns the house facing the beach. Only house that survived. Built by his great-grandfather in 1903. It was in the background of a army pic during the invasion.
18May NormandyFR 48.JPG

That's pretty crazy (the house) that it still stands. I can only imagine the enormity of emotion one must feel when visiting there.

Last edited:
The beach to cross was just a killing zone. And then a hill with brush to climb. As I said sobering. Other battles zones I have been to that felt the same were Little Big Horn and Antietam. The carnage is just felt while there.

well today was Bruges and Ghent Belgium. We were picked up at the pier by Bruno (B67FSTB) and his wife Greta. We drove directly to Ghent...walked the old section and had a nice lunch along a canal. Then it was on to Bruges and many a 17th century buildings. We spent a great day with Bruno and Greta and will meet them again at Jeff's (Limeyboy) house in 11 days.20May24 GhentBE 38.JPG

well today was Bruges and Ghent Belgium. We were picked up at the pier by Bruno (B67FSTB) and his wife Greta. We drove directly to Ghent...walked the old section and had a nice lunch along a canal. Then it was on to Bruges and many a 17th century buildings. We spent a great day with Bruno and Greta and will meet them again at Jeff's (Limeyboy) house in 11 days.View attachment 35968
There are a couple of hoodlums that look like they are up to no good!

Late to the party:
Finally met Mike and his lovely wife Joann in person after 15 years here on Stangfix.
Despite of barely 8 hrs on Belgium soil , we had a great time. Seems Mike likes terraces.
Besides an outdated nav system in my car , not knowing the area in Zeebrugge , my poor english and ship embarking time.......Greta and me had a great time .:D

Now off to the UK to visit Jeff and Debbie and meeting Mike and Joann again.
A trip through Belgium into France (5hrs). Take a ferry from Dieppe to Newhaven UK (4hrs). A drive to Jeff's place about 1.5hrs.
According to Mike : a very, very, very, small trip ! :p

Last edited:
Back