• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project updates: What did you do over the weekend?

to maybe this...

Mike, I think the second option would suit the Mrs. better. It gives the car a more "modern" look with the late model console.

Since this is going to be "her" car, which does she like?

Dave, I am at the point of just finishing the car. I did have her sit in the car and make sure the seat would go foward enough so that she could reach everything. From here on out, we plan to finish the car, that is the "Little Boss" and me, then unveil it to her when complete. She did say she wanted something different. On the cup holder, that in one thing she wanted. I ran across the console at a junk yard while searching for a set of rear disc. We have tested the use of the cup holder and it works great. The only ones that will not fit are the "Biggie" drinks. The large and medium's fit very well and there is no problem placing or removing them.
mikes010-1.jpg

BeckysMustang076.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
weekend, uhg Taking up about 600 feet of plastic landscape edging and replacing with concrete cylinders...4" diameter...standing on end.....ugh. I've got enough cylinders to do about 225 feet and I've only got about 60 left. Once I get them done it will be a "finish as acquire" schedule...thank goodness. Hey, they're free and HAVE YOU PRICED CONCRETE LANDSCAPE EDGING LATELY?! Holy cow

Checking the fit, just after I made the other post, my wifie came to the garage for a suprise visit. She gave me the Stamp of approval on the console and DVD. First time she's been in the garage in weeks. The cat is out of the bag.
Beckysphotos001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine it looking real nice once it's all painted and done.

Out of curiousity, are you planning on keeping the stock instrument cluster? I know a lot of people upgrade the cluster to house modern instruments, but I think the contrast of the old '65 cluster with the DVD player sitting next to it will look really cool.

I think it'd be cool if the DVD was mounted in PLACE of the cluster. muahahah. no speedo or tach. no guages. just a DVD constantly rolling a super awesome movie, like... Mariah Carey's "Glitter"

The stock instrument cluster will stay. Kinda 65ish with a modern twist. The wifie made a surprise appearence just after I made the post. ESP type of thing I guess. She said it looked great and could not wait untill it was done. She even mentioned what shows she wanted to do next year. Great! Waffles, man I have built this dang thing twice. Once painted, I think it will look great.

She said it looked great and could not wait untill it was done.

I interpret that statement to mean "spend whatever you need to honey in order to get the car done as quickly as possible."

Have at it Mike! I'll back you up if she pitches a fit.

Thanks, most of the stuff to do the build has been sitting in the garage for three years. Makes it easier on the wallet. Sometimes you can get some good deals at the very end of a show. The paint and some trim thinggies is all that is left to buy. By the way, soes anyone have a RUG AZ or RUG AZ1 tranny for sale? We did splurge on the stereo, but that was the daugthers idea.

Your daughter ( I'm assuming that's not your wife, because if it is, you have some serious legal problems ahead of you) Is cute. Don't take offense to that, I am 21, almost married and uninterested, take it as a compliment. :)

"Waffles" said:
Your daughter ( I'm assuming that's not your wife, because if it is, you have some serious legal problems ahead of you) Is cute. Don't take offense to that, I am 21, almost married and uninterested, take it as a compliment. :)

That was the next picture for the caption contest.......now he's gonna take it down......

"Fast68back" said:
"Waffles" said:

That was the next picture for the caption contest.......now he's gonna take it down......

Noooooooooooo!

The new radio is in the glove box.

This one has a CD player instead of a cassette, a jack for an IPod and best of all a remote so I can control it from the drivers seat.

My back feels better already!

Back