• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rat Rod a Mustang?

Kats66Pny

Hubby and I were joking around today about turning Gertrude into a rat rod. Don't have to have the best body work. Don't need any fancy paint job. I could have missing pieces and it wouldn't matter. Pretty darn tempting!! :lol

Yeah I'm sure it would be a royal pain. I just thought the idea was kind of funny. The man and I were discussing our options, finances, etc with Gertrude and it came up maybe we should just rat rod 'ol Gertie and enjoy her and start saving for a classic stang that has already been fixed up.

Yep, you do what ya have to. Lay out a Rat Rod plan and check out the possibilities......

Ship it off to Barrett Rat Rod Shop in Kansas, I hear they do fairly good work!

It's a Falcon but you see the style...
a-1960ties-Falcon-rat-rod.jpg

"Kats66Pny" said:
Hubby and I were joking around today about turning Gertrude into a rat rod. Don't have to have the best body work. Don't need any fancy paint job. I could have missing pieces and it wouldn't matter. Pretty darn tempting!! :lol
Personally, I don't think any Mustang should be Rat Rodded. She deserves better.

Well if I did go that direction with her... I wouldn't go full blown rat rod. No way. I don't think I could bring myself to do that to her. :craz

Rat Rod's and 60's muscle cars don't mix! Now a flat black sleeper is another story, nut "rar rod" nope! Other than that :nta

a rough Stang is still a cool car compared to the generic stuff on the road. Yours looks pretty darn good as is. You talked about different wheels, those are worth something to somebody, see if you can sell or trade for something you like and drive that thing! Get the deal done on the hood trade, fix you battery, etc. Enjoy that car and time will tell what option come along. I'm serious. I drove mine as beater for a long time

Be patient. things will happen and in the mean time do as I am and drive it. Save your money in a mustang account in ing direct and then as you have enough for a specific project, then do it. Get your plan together and keep going to shows and get plenty of ideas!

Mel

"gtscode" said:
Rat Rod's and 60's muscle cars don't mix! Now a flat black sleeper is another story, nut "rar rod" nope! Other than that :nta

I agree.

"guruatbol" said:
Be patient. things will happen and in the mean time do as I am and drive it. Save your money in a mustang account in ing direct and then as you have enough for a specific project, then do it. Get your plan together and keep going to shows and get plenty of ideas!

Mel

+1. Couldn't have said it better.

Back