• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Re-restoration in progress for some vintage racing

Not car, but the hauler that gets it there!

When I bought the trailer in 2016 the awning fabric was crap. It was way past worn out, but everywhere I looked, replacements were stupid expensive so I used it as is. Earlier this year I did more digging and came across this place: http://www.toughtopawnings.com/

I filled out their worksheet and it came up below $350! I did more digging and found them to have very good reviews. I finally bit the bullet and had them make a replacement. It took 2 weeks to get it, but it was worth the wait. It's fairly large at 8' x 24' and was a handful for two people, but it was really easy to replace and the new one went on without any problems. It was only a 2 1/2 hour job too. I couldn't be happier with it and would highly recommend Tough Top if you need any type of RV Awning/Sun Shade replaced.

Sorry, I did not think to take any pics. Maybe at the track next weekend.

Ready for the trailer.

40b31a81db1f3476a5dc2cd2bb9439fc.jpg

Mark

I decided to take the engine to the shop and have it re-freshed with a couple more mods done. Changing to gas ported rings, trim the heads for a little more compression and changing to a roller cam since they have been made legal to use in Vintage. Should add a couple of ponies. Also will be testing a 750 vs my current 650 on the dyno. This has taken all summer and just got word yesterday the motor is done. Just waiting on a dyno date to head down to Kansas. It sucks my brain will no longer allow me to do the work on the engine, but at least I can race all weekend and not watch :rolleyes: The car will be ready to go for next season!

At the race shop, waiting on a dyno date.

2022 engine.jpeg

Potential new carb.

750DP.jpeg

Back