• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Remove front bumper?

"Kats66Pny" said:
That is one of my 4 dogs. The yellow lab is Cuba as in scuba diving with no 's'.. you have to know the joke Ralphie May the comedian to get it.

When we take him to the lake.. he goes Cuba divin' :lol

IMG_3242.jpg

He's an awesome Lab. :vic
Kitchen-1.jpg

+1

"Kats66Pny" said:
I can't take credit for the granite. The seller of the house did that. They redid the whole kitchen, including knocking down a wall to make half a wall that looks into the dining room. We've only lived in the house since March.
This is the whole kitchen before I decided to paint the walls an orangish color. I was watching too much HGTV and wanted to try a Tuscan theme.
Kitchen-1.jpg

+1

I've been looking at the bumper/bolts ... um.... How / Where am I suppose to cut the bolts to get them out?? Doesn't matter if the bumper itself gets messed up as it's being replaced with a new one.

Grind the head of the bolt off. The bumper getting damaged is no problem since they are being thrown out. The hole in the bumper is square so when you see that, use a hammer and punch to knock out the left over bolt and nut.

Ok so grind the top of the bolt flat (with the grinding wheel? not the cutting wheel) and then take the BFH and beat it till it pops out?

I will.. in a little awhile! I have to pick my daughter up from school soon. After that, then I can start playing with my new toy. :craz

I don't suppose you've gotten yourself some sort of hearing protection? I use those foam plugs. Definitely something you need

"Kats66Pny" said:
Ok so grind the top of the bolt flat (with the grinding wheel? not the cutting wheel) and then take the BFH and beat it till it pops out?

Yes. When operating a grinder.... high speed is your friend. Try to keep the wheel spinning VERY fast while applying downward pressure onto the outer face of the grinding wheel. Sparks WILL fly, but dependant upon your operating angle you can direct the sparks away from anything important.

I'm waiting because the man is still sleeping. The poor guy worked all night. This is his middle of the night and I don't want to make too much noise and wake him up. A grouchy husband is not a good thing when I want to go to Houston tomorrow to buy parts for Gertrude!

I think hubby has some of those yellow foam ear plugs around here somewhere. I'll have to ask him where he put them.

Thanks for the tip Dave!

Wear heavy leather gloves if you have them. Aside from the sparks created.... which will be concentrated enough to ignite your clothes (yes, I've been grinding and looked down only to find my t-shirt on fire).... the gloves will also save some skin/fingers if you happen to get careless and contact the wheel spinning at 8000 RPM.

Kat:
The vibration from the grinder will cause your fanny to wiggle quite a bit, so don't be surprised!

"Midlife" said:
Kat:
The vibration from the grinder will cause your fanny to wiggle quite a bit, so don't be surprised!

Hmmm...would that be what WE call a fanny, or what the BRITS call a fanny? or both? :ecit

Frank

I would imagine a slightly different reaction as to which "fanny" is wiggling........ :ecit

Pictures!!

IMG_4055.jpg

The one steel pipe piece... kind of fell off. It was rusted though/battery acid.
IMG_4056.jpg

There's still 2 bolts that did not come completely off. :po
IMG_4057.jpg

Back to the garage to mess with those last 2 stubborn bolts!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Kats66Pny" said:
There's a HF not far from me. I was just worried about buying a grinder from there, because the dremel tool I bought from there is craptastic. :sad

You will be better off doubling your money and getting the DeWalt.

Now see? Wasn't that easy?

The nice thing about the grinder...if your man starts giving you lip, whip out the grinder and start it up...

Back