• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Royal Caribbean AK cruise Cancelled

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
We had been planning this for about a year. Ten friends from St.Louis, Denver, San Antonio, San Jose and we all finally agreed on destination & date. We were set to go this June. NOT

Now its time to plan for 2021. They offer a refund or 125% voucher for next year.

Damn

Also have planned a trailer trash tour down to Tombstone AZ and then to Grand Canyon ......we've already be advised the RV park outside of CG has cancelled their whole season. This year is gonna be a just sitting around home I guess.

isn't that what retired guys are supposed to do? Sit on the front porch in the rocker and yell get off my lawn

And I'm not sure the cruise line industry id gonna pull through this one

Its going to a long time before things get back to normal. The travel industry is taking a major blow.

We were supposed to be in Florida visiting family this week. We cancelled it last week. Now we have a $1,300 voucher that needs to be used by the end of the year. Not sure that's going to happen. We're hoping maybe by Christmas we can go somewhere.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Guys, book air travel now as far out as you can. The world is not ending and travel will get going again. Especially flights. Business demands it.

You can book airfare for next to nothing right now. Just stick to the main carriers. I'm all over Southwest bookings. I just wish I could book out past October to schedule holiday travel. Their policy of no change fees makes it a no brainer. Flights that would normally cost hundreds can be had for a third or even less. Take advantage of the savings and support American companies/industries.

I have to use the carrier that I have the voucher with and can't book far enough out yet. I also have a lot of black out dates for work that I can't be off.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Horseplay nailed it....if you can pick a date when travel will finally get back to normal.

Royal Caribbean said their ships will be ready to go in May of this year BUT....the ports of call cannot commit to dates and all the port excursions (private outfits) may or may not still be in business, Its a small window in AK to earn a living from tourists.

Well on to next years hopes.

Go for the REFUND!
Please don't. That's one way to actively help them go out of business. Well run businesses will survive this provided the public doesn't cause even more undue damage. The cruiseline industry didn't cause the pandemic but they are one industry that will be hardest hit. If everyone takes the "refund" route they will be sunk. Pardon the pun. Taking the voucher enables them to use the prior fare monies to stay afloat and sail another day. Maybe not as profitably at first but eventually they will get back to healthy.

SUPPORT businesses whose services or wares you appreciate and use/used. They need us just as much as individual workers who have been directly hit at this time. Those who can should be ordering their meals from local restaurants still operating right now. Doing whatever business they can with small businesses in their local areas. These little acts add up to helping more people come back from this intact.

As Terry said , support businesses. Exspecially the local ones because they are hit the hardest.
Here in Belgium the governement takes action to help the working men and small businesses by given them the possibility to delay payment of their mortgages for 3- 6 months. Paying peoples , who have a small income , electrical bill for one month. ect ect. It gonna cost us all alot but everybody knows its necessary to keep the economy running after the crisis is over or at least is under controll.
I have heard that trump said the crisis will be over by Eastern. He is giving people falls hope. What a morron IMHO.

Trump (while a complete moron in so many ways) means well when he talks of getting things going and back to normal. There are enough people relishing in the pandemonium and enjoying their time in front of the camera painting dire pictures. Trump is right in trying to get people seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. It promotes positive thoughts which lead to positive actions.

And for what its worth, here in the States people are feeling better about how things are being handled. His approval numbers are high and rising and in general the right moves are being made. As always don't believe all the negative headlines.

I'm still planning on going next year. No refund.
A friend who was going with works for the travel industry. He's unemployed now.
Went out to lunch...take-a-way.... to support local businesses

Just as I read this I hear trump on TV say "I would love to have this over by Easter"

That IS a quote....

I think the media should be sharing more positive news than negative. Only two weeks into this thing here in California and it is starting to take its mental toll on people. Imagine if the media "experts" all claimed that it is 8-10 weeks out. The hysterics and pandamonium it would create will do more damage than the virus itself. Hope, even false hope, gives something to shoot for that is within reach. I tell my wife it will all be good by Easter. If it's not, I will keep telling her dates 2 weeks out at a time so that she can feel the end of this is closer than farther away. I am one of the fortunate/unfortunate ones.....I still get paid, but I also still have to go to work. No free vacation, shop and car working going on here.

Saying he would love to have this over by Easter is a far cry from saying it WILL BE. It's a simpleton's way of trying to provide some positive outlook.

And Ken, the only thing worse than having to still go into an office is being stuck working full time from home with very little to do. I've cleaned up as much stuff as I can. Edited as many training presentations and online courses as a man should do in a lifetime. Conducted webinars until my head spins. Helped develop and flesh-out sales plans and strategies for when we can get back on the road. The list of BS goes on and on. But there is a bright side. About 2-3 in the afternoon the phones and emails stop these days and a guy can steal an hour or two of garage time before the wife gets home most days. The downside of that is I feel like I am single handedly keeping a number of parts houses in business!

at least, for now, the parts houses are shipping! I ordered the epoxy flooring for the second half of my shop last Friday. Thinking the boy is off work for a few weeks, I may as well take advantage of the time as he rarely gets time off. Of course, the warehouse in Florida got locked down the day before. So here I finally have a helper with time....no product!

I did run into an issue finding a source for all the fittings I need for the SS air lines. These are not the type of thing you can get at a local hardware store. All NPTF thread, aerospace industrial type stuff. I want to do this once and forget about it. Not interested in having to deal with leaks. Ended up finding a supplier in PA who appears to be a smaller family run business which I was happy to give my order. It all arrived yesterday so prompt delivery as a bonus!

I tend to buy a lot of miscellaneous stuff on Amazon as being so near a larger regional warehouse I get stuff extremely quick. Usually. Lately many things that would normally be a day or two are now saying late April!

Saying he would love to have this over by Easter is a far cry from saying it WILL BE. It's a simpleton's way of trying to provide some positive outlook.

And Ken, the only thing worse than having to still go into an office is being stuck working full time from home with very little to do. I've cleaned up as much stuff as I can. Edited as many training presentations and online courses as a man should do in a lifetime. Conducted webinars until my head spins. Helped develop and flesh-out sales plans and strategies for when we can get back on the road. The list of BS goes on and on. But there is a bright side. About 2-3 in the afternoon the phones and emails stop these days and a guy can steal an hour or two of garage time before the wife gets home most days. The downside of that is I feel like I am single handedly keeping a number of parts houses in business!

I am also stuck working at home. I have had many webinars too. It is very hard to fix manufacturing problems over the phone! I too have been running out of work related things I can do.
Even the hobby stuff is hard to do with everything closed. If you just need a bolt or something simple you have order it online!
The good news for me, I don’t like to travel so I’m really enjoying being in the same time zone every day and sleeping in my own bed!!!
I have never been on a cruise and probably never will. My idea of a cruise is the HRPT. Which will probably get canceled...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back