• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Show me yours, I'll show you mine...

I just finished up on my trunk. It took longer than I thought.

IMGP1255.jpg
IMGP1254.jpg

IMGP1253.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It took longer than I thought.

... that's because it looks like a million bucks! Great work Darreld! Did you do all of this yourself or have a custom sound shop make up the panels and such?

"Waffles" said:
How do they hit? Do you hear things vibrating from inside the car or even outside?

They sound very nice. I don't have them turned up as loud as they could be but you know it is there. I don't have any vibrating. The box is wedged in there pretty tight and there is about 100 sq feet of Fatmat in the car. I am sure one sub would have been fine but I like the look of 2 subs. Much more balance looking.

Darreld,

I hate to say it, but your car would look killer with shaved door handles. I'm not normally a fan of shaved handles, but there's just something about your car.....

You've already omitted the front and rear TS housings, the door handles would complete the package.

I seriously considered it but I could never take it to the drag strip if I did. I guess you need handles to pass a safety inspection.

I haven't looked in a Mustang catalog for a while, but where do you get a steel repop of the trap door, and how much are they??

Sure......now you start to brag......lol. I would too. Looks good and the price was right....since you don't count the cost of having to be at the event. Looks like you had a good time for sure.

yeah, the event cost was mostly gasoline to drive 3,315 miles. My wife used our hotel points on rooms (we only had to pay for two nights). Food, well we had to eat anyway! Still I was doing the Power Tour regardless so I'm not complaining! Free goodies and professional install easily worth over $1000 I expect, sweet :lol
and we had a great time, I can't wait to hear where the tour goes next year.

what mine started out like in 97. a kenwood from autosound and the 10 disc changer. changer died and the holes around the radio was fiberglassed around to make it work...but not very well
15291138280816544410891.jpg

I started working at Circuit City road shop and a couple other custom car stereo shops and became a little audiophile..back in 98-99
15291138277292456310891.jpg

15291138280784543610891.jpg

this was a box for 3 12" Jlw6
15291138280812544310891.jpg

version 1 of my front speakers it was a Diamond Audio Hex 3 Way system. Bi amp.
15291138280788543710891.jpg

15291138280780543510891.jpg

and the crossover set up. Yes a total of 4 crossovers for the fronts. 2 per side. 2 of the crossovers were High and Low input and output. The low output went to the 6" and the high output went to the other crossover for the 4" mid and 1" tweet. They sounded awesome. wish i had pics of the version 2 kick panels
15291138280804544110891.jpg

That is a pretty slick setup with 3 speakers in the kick panels. I bet they sound great. I am waiting on new kick panels with speaker pods for both mids and tweets to come from Mustang Depot. Once they arrive I will take out my Eclipse 6.5" speakers and put in my new Focal 165VR component speakers. I can't wait to see the difference.

I have Pontiac Fiero Seat so my speakers are in the headrests. 2 Infinity's per seat. Pre amp under rear deck and subwoofer on side of trunk. Kenwood navigation, stereo, and dvd player in console.

Back